Schneeflocken

out of bounds when he picked up the ball.If was

in Neuvorstellungen 10.04.2019 09:06
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

USA allrounder Timroy Allen has said the experience gained while playing for the 2016 Caribbean Premier League champions Jamaica Tallawahs was a key factor in his match-winning half-century that helped USA to a one-wicket win over Italy at the WCL Division Four in Los Angeles. Allen credited the Tallawahs coaching staff, led by Paul Nixon, for fine-tuning parts of his game and building confidence levels after having spent nearly three years away from the USA national team leading into Division Four.The batting stance Im using right now is from the CPL coaches, Allen told ESPNcricinfo after making 53 off 27 balls in Sundays victory. A lot of that stuff comes from there. Hitting the ball, striking the ball, being able to stay confident in yourself and back your ability to clear the boundary at any given time. I tell myself that at any given time I could get 10 runs out of one over and consistently and repeatedly I keep telling myself that. So I dont put any pressure, just get the ones and the twos.Allen had previously made 51 not out off 26 balls against Italy three years ago in a 74-run win at 2013 WCL Division Three in Bermuda. On Sunday, he arrived at the end of the 26th over with USA at 107 for 5 in the chase of 186 in 41 overs. Allen struck two fours and two sixes early in his innings to reduce their target to 17 off seven overs.The wickets are great to bat on, Allen said. The guys at this level, theyre not going to be that consistent where theyre gonna bowl six good balls so you just have to be patient and wait for the bad ball and thats all I did today.We were in a crucial position but at some point one of the senior guys are going to have to step up. A win is a win, Im just a little disappointed I wasnt able to finish the game so Ill just have to go back and make sure the next time Im in the situation again, I put my head down and finish it for us.Allen said he feels the USA batting lineup is capable of posting huge totals with the small boundaries being used at Woodley Park, with Wright Cricket Field the smallest featuring 55-yard boundaries straight down the ground.Were capable of making 400 runs in this tournament so if were chasing 180-200 runs, we shouldnt have any problem with it, Allen said. The situation we were put in today, the wicket was really good. Its just the top order needs to come and help us out a little bit. Yesterday, [against Bermuda] they came big for us so were not going to put them under too much pressure. The guys have a lot of talent. They know exactly what we need to do. We need to come here and win but for us to win we need to come here and make runs. Thats it.Despite their victories, USAs fielding has been poor. The tournament hosts had six missed chances against Italy a day after dropping two chances against Bermuda. USA has also conceded a tournament high 45 wides, including another 16 against Italy. No other team has bowled more than 18 wides in their first two games.I think were going to have to go back to the drawing table with our fielding in our whole approach, Allen said. Were not playing cricket all year round so were going to make mistakes. Its just for us to admit our mistakes and go back to the drawing table and capitalize, just make sure we dont make the same mistake twice. Wholesale Oilers Jerseys . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Cheap Oilers Jerseys Authentic . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. http://www.cheapedmontonoilersjerseys.com/ .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. Cheap Oilers Jerseys China . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Cheap Adidas Oilers Jerseys . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Derek Mason had Vanderbilt baseball coach Tim Corbin talk to his football team about not being afraid of success and how to handle the roller-coaster of emotions during a game.The Commodores showed Saturday night they listened very well.Ralph Webb ran for 123 yards and three touchdowns, and Vanderbilt scored 31 straight points in beating Mississippi 38-17 Saturday night to snap a three-game skid to the Rebels.With the win, Vanderbilt (5-6, 2-5 Southeastern Conference) assured Mason his best record yet in his third season. The Commodores now need a win in their regular season finale to become bowl eligible for the first time since 2013. Their APR is so good that five wins could be enough, winning a sixth game would be even better.Listen thats exactly what were going to do, Mason said. Were going to line ourselves up and try to get ourselves ready to go play one more game because thats what were guaranteed. And you know what? Were looking forward to this one.Kyle Shurmur threw for 273 yards and two touchdowns, and the Commodores also had three sacks. Linebacker Zach Cunningham, the SECs leading tackler, recovered a fumble.Vanderbilt was the first SEC opponent that Mississippi played this season that hadnt been ranked, and the Commodores snapped the Rebels two-game win streak. Now the Rebels (5-6, 2-5) need a win in the Egg Bowl to extend its bowl streak.Freshman Shea Patterson, so thrilling in rallying the Rebels to an upset at Texas A&M last week , struggled against Masons defense. Ole Miss had to settle for a field goal on the opening drive, and Patterson added TD passes to Akeem Judd and Evan Engram.The Rebels were held to a season-low in points, and Jason Pellerin replaced Patterson for the final drive. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said they got beat on Shurmurs 67-yard pass to Trent Sherfield -- Vandys longest offensive play this season -- that set up the Commodores first TD.And we never found the rhythm again offensively, Freeze said. I dont know how many drops we had toniight.dddddddddddd. It had to be approaching 10 to 12, and those are critical.The key play came within the opening minute of the third quarter and cost the Rebels their leading tackler, linebacker DeMarquis Gates, for a targeting even though a flag wasnt thrown.The penalty was announced after the replay booth reviewed what appeared to be a fumble by Vanderbilts Donovan Tennyson off a double reverse recovered by Ole Miss defensive back Tony Conner whose foot was out of bounds when he picked up the ball.If was big, Freeze said. Were thin at that spot anyway, and it certainly hurt.Vanderbilt finished off a 90-yard drive with Webbs second TD, an 11-yard run, and a 21-10 lead.THE TAKEAWAYMississippi: Patterson looked so dazzling in his debut at Texas A&M. But Mason defended the likes of Marcus Mariota while coordinator at Stanford, and that game gave Mason plenty to study of Patterson in the Ole Miss offense. At least the Rebels will be at home trying to become bowl eligible for a fifth straight season, something they havent done since 15 straight bowls between 1957 and 1971.Vanderbilt: Ole Miss first TD came off a muffed punt by Darrius Sims in the first quarter, the kind of mistake that has often soured the Commodores fortunes. This time, they shook off the mistake with their most points against an SEC opponent in Masons three seasons.OVERTURNED BY REVIEWVandy got help from another review. A Vandy defender immediately waived incomplete on a Patterson pass to Damoreea Stringfellow on fourth-and-1 at the Vandy 28. Officials spotted the ball, then the replay booth initiated a review that overturned the completion. The Commodores drove 72 yards for the go-ahead TD and never trailed again.UP NEXTMississippi hosts Mississippi State in the Egg Bowl.Vanderbilt hosts in-state rival Tennessee.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de