Schneeflocken

McDonald dribbled a few

in Neuvorstellungen 03.04.2019 04:50
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. cheap nba jerseys . This week they discuss the a Roy Halladay, a Cooperstown conundrum, Robinson Cano and a certain Washington football club. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is up to the Washington football team with the racist name and the sitcom stylings, which continue to delight those who rightly root for it to fail. This week alone, there were reports that head coach Mike Shanahan was trying to get fired, Costanza-style, so he could collect his money and flee and that shameless expired peanut-selling owner Dan Snyder was unwilling to fire him, and that quarterback Robert Griffin III - who in true Dan Snyder-fashion once let fans buy him wedding gifts - was a pawn between them as he was benched for the season. What a swamp: backstabbing, greed, admissions of serial falsehoods, remarkable misuse of assets, and a toxic snowball of failure. Its clear, now more than ever: this is the team that Washington deserves. Steve Simmons, SUN Media: My thumb is down to the meaningless one-day contract Roy Halladay signed with the Toronto Blue Jays this week, thus announcing his retirement from baseball wearing Canadian colours. This is the same Roy Halladay who asked to be traded from Toronto, demanded it be to a contending team and even suggested that the team train close to his Florida home. If Halladay wanted to retire a Blue Jay, he could have done the simple thing and finished his career here. Dont get me wrong. Halladay had a marvelous career, Im not questioning that. But his last pitch was thrown for the Philadelphia Phillies, the team he threw a perfect game and a playoff no-hitter for. Never mind ceremony, he retired as a Philly. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is down to the MLB Veterans Committee for again excluding the late Marvin Miller from the Baseball Hall of Fame. While Joe Torre, Bobby Cox and Tony La Russa are worthies, the legacy of the former Players Association executive director dwarfs that of any manager. Along with Babe Ruth and Jackie Robinson, Miller is part of the holy trinity of baseball titans. The despicable reserve clause, which bound a player to his team in perpetuity, was struck down on his watch. The average salary rose from $16,000 to $250,000 under Miller, who built the strongest union in the United States. Some owners still revile him, but Cooperstown truly is incomplete without him. Dave Hodge, TSN: My thumb is down to Robinson Cano – and to his poor choice of words. Specifically, one word … the word "respect". Cano claims he was driven to sign a 10-year, $240 million deal with the Seattle Mariners because the New York Yankees showed him no "respect" with their offer. It was for only seven years at a measly $175 million. There isnt another human on this planet who would say that amounted to "disrespect". Cano should have thanked the Yankees for being willing to go that high so that the mariners felt the need to go higher and then he should have thanked Seattle for doing exactly that, and then he should have said nothing more about a lack of respect, unless he wanted to admit his own for the fans who are tired of hearing the complaints of spoiled, far too rich athletes. cheap nba jerseys china . Paul George and Darren Collison each scored 17 points and Roy Hibbert added 11 points and nine rebounds for the Pacers (9-3), who won their third straight. wholesale china nfl jerseys . In a matchup of teams battling head-to-head for the final playoff spot in Major League Soccers Western Conference, the Whitecaps run to the post-season took a hard hit when FC Dallas blew open a tie game with two goals in the final minutes for a 3-1 victory Saturday night. http://www.cheapchinanfljerseyswholesale.com/ . On Tuesday, the star questioned whether that was still the case. Speaking to reporters at a charity event, Johnson said: "I just kind of wonder sometimes: Is this still the place for me?" Johnsons comments came after he was asked why he recently skipped a voluntary minicamp.RALEIGH, N.C. -- George Washington kept hanging around, refusing to let Memphis pull too far ahead. The Colonials just couldnt come up with the one shot they needed to prolong their first NCAA tournament visit in seven years. Isaiah Armwood scored a season-high 21 points in ninth-seeded GWs 71-66 loss to eighth-seeded Memphis in the second round of the East Regional. Armwood picked up his fourth foul with 12:02 remaining for GW (24-9), which was just 2 of 12 from 3-point range yet never fell behind by more than 10 points. "It definitely changed my defence, because when Im on defence, Im usually active. I couldnt foul," Armwood said. "It definitely hurt us because I gave up some layups that I dont usually give up." Leading scorer Maurice Creek -- who averages 14 points -- finished with nine on 2-of-13 shooting for GW, but he airballed a 3-pointer in the final seconds that would have tied it. Michael Dixon Jr., the top sixth man in the American Athletic Conference, scored 19 points and hit four free throws in the final 10 seconds for Memphis, which never trailed. Joe Jackson added 15 points for the eighth-seeded Tigers (24-9), who are halfway to Geron Johnsons post-AAC tournament guarantee of two wins in the first weekend of the NCAAs. "As long as we think big and we play hard, the skys the limit," Jackson said. "Weve just got to continue to think that we can get there. Weve got to know we can get there." They entered the tournament having lost three of five to fall out of the national rankings, and shot 49 per cent in this one but struggled to put GW away until the final seconds. Patricio Garino added 10 points for the Colonials, who were making their first NCAA tournament appearance since 2007 and hung around all game before making a final late push. They had the ball down 67-64 after Jackson threw the ball away with 1:16 left. But Creeks jumper in the lane was short and so was Nemanja Mikics 3-point attempt from the right wing with lesss than a minute remaining. discount nfl jerseys. "I think if we would have tied it, the momentum was sort of shifting and maybe we would have tied it, had some time outs and things wouldve been different," GW coach Mike Lonergan said. Crawford missed a 3 for Memphis with about 30 seconds left and the rebound went out of bounds off Jackson with 26.6 seconds left. Joe McDonald beat Crawford off the dribble for a layup to make it 67-66 with 13.6 seconds left, and the Colonials fouled Dixon with 9.6 seconds left. Dixon hit both free throws and the Colonials called a timeout to set up their final possession. McDonald dribbled a few seconds off the clock before passing to Creek, whose final 3-pointer with about 3 seconds left left failed to draw iron. "A shot I usually hit," said Creek, a 41 per cent shooter from 3-point range. Dixon added two more free throws with 0.4 of a second remaining for Memphis, which could never push its lead past 10. Its last big lead came on Dixons jumper from the corner with 9 1/2 minutes left. Creek hit a 3-pointer -- GWs second, and last, of the game -- before GWs 1-3-1 zone forced a turnover and Garino made a layup to make it a 64-62 game with 2 1/2 minutes left. Out of a timeout, Memphis worked the ball to Dixon -- who buried an open 3-pointer from the right wing and kept his shooting hand aloft for an extra moment. At the time, that seemed like the dagger -- but the Colonials kept scrapping. "They made a run at the end," Dixon said, "but we never got flustered or rattled." Both teams werent especially good behind either line on the court: Memphis was 11 of 16 from the free throw line and hit just 27 per cent of its 3-point attempts, while GW was 14 of 24 from the free throw line in addition to its poor 3-point shooting. "Theyve got a good inside-out punch," Jackson said. "Fortunately, we kind of stopped them from shooting 3s because it probably would have been a long night for us." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de