Schneeflocken

very sad day today as we say good bye to our dear friend Dawn Coe Jones,

in So funktioniert das Forum 22.03.2019 05:00
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

TORONTO - As the Blue Jays played the Orioles in the opener of a four-game series Thursday evening, Friday nights starter was making his way to Toronto from Portland, Maine. Sean Nolin, a 23-year-old lefthander who was the clubs sixth round pick in the 2010 draft, will make his major league debut. "Super excited," said Nolin, who arrived shortly after the Blue Jays 12-6 win over Baltimore and addressed the media almost immediately. "(Pitching in the major leagues) is something Ive wanted to do since I was probably five years old and Im happy to be here." It was a whirlwind day. Nolin was informed of his call up while sitting in the dugout as his New Hampshire Fisher Cats teammates were playing Portland. He quickly packed, made the two hour drive from Portland to Boston, caught a flight to Toronto and arrived at Rogers Centre shortly after 10 oclock. There will be no rest for the weary. Nolin couldnt predict how well, if at all, he would sleep but when he arrives at the park on Friday catcher J.P. Arencibia will be waiting for him. They have a game plan to discuss. "I got to catch him last year when I was rehabbing in the (Florida) State League for the playoffs," said Arencibia. "Hes got good stuff. The biggest thing to know is youre here for a reason, you belong here. Hes got great stuff. Its just now about going out there and playing. Its the same exact game, no different, its just relaxing and trusting your abilities. God gave him some gifts, just use them." Nolin features four pitches: fastball, changeup, curveball and slider. In three starts with New Hampshire, Nolin is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA. Hes struck out 16 hitters in 15 1/3 innings. All the more impressive considering Nolin missed the first month of the season rehabbing an injury. Nolins parents, Edward and Patricia, will be in attendance Friday night after making the 10-hour drive from their Long Island home. Theyd drive but they dont yet have their passports. "Thats on them," Nolin joked. Casey Janssen reflected on his major league debut, also against Baltimore, on April 27, 2006. "I was kind of in awe," said Janssen. "You think all that hard work and all the time and efforts that you put into it; of course its a special day. I honestly couldnt wait for it to be over. Hopefully his nerves will be calmed down a little bit and he can pitch his game and pitch to his strengths and treat it as much as he can as if its just another baseball game." Meantime, the Blue Jays will give the ball to Chad Jenkins on Sunday. Jenkins, whos been available out of the bullpen but hasnt been used, hasnt pitched since throwing five effective innings of one run ball in a 12-4 win at Boston on May 12. "Ive been able to throw quite a few pens so my location, I mean I threw a pen the other night, my location feels pretty good, a lot of happier than I thought I was going to be with it," said Jenkins of dealing with the time off. "So, for me, thats kept me fresh and then the fact these past few nights Ive had to mentally lock in that I might actually have to pitch in a game so that right there has helped me visually what I have to get done." EPY GUERRERO PASSES AWAY The Blue Jays held a moment of silence prior to Thursdays game to mourning the death of long-time scout Epy Guerrero. Guerrero is credited with signing more than 40 Latino players who would play in the big leagues. He was responsible for acquiring some of the Blue Jays greatest ever talent, including Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Carlos Delgado. Guerrero died on Thursday. He was 71. Vans Shoes Sale Uk . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Wholesale Vans Shoes Uk . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. http://www.discountvansuk.com/ . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. Vans Outlet Uk Online . -- Brandon Jennings made the most of his first game with the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. Best Price Vans Shoes Uk . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. TAMPA, Fla. -- Dawn Coe-Jones, the Canadian Golf Hall of Famer who won three times on the LPGA Tour, died Saturday after an eight-month battle with cancer. She was 56.Fellow former Canadian LPGA Tour player Gail Graham, Golf Canada and The Legends Tour said Saturday that Coe-Jones died at a hospice near her home in Tampa. She was diagnosed with bone cancer this year.Dawn was a great competitor and role model for over 25 years on the LPGA Tour, Canadian Golf Hall of Famer Sandra Post said. Her happy and positive attitude toward life will be missed by all that knew her.From Lake Cowichan, British Columbia, Coe-Jones played on the LPGA Tour from 1984 to 2008. She won more than $3.3 million and had 44 career top-10 finishes.Dawn touched so many people, said Graham, who played alongside Coe-Jones at Lamar University and on the LPGA Tour. She was always the one who worried about others.Coe-Jones won LPGA Tours 1992 Womens Kemper Open, 1994 LPGA Palm Beach Classic and 1995 Tournament of Champions. She also won the 1983 Canadian Womens Amateur.On behalf of the entire golf community we are deeply saddened by the passing of Dawn Coe-Jones, Golf Canada CEO Scott Simmons said in a statement. Dawn was a tenacious competitor, a mentor and friend to so many of her peers and a proud ambassador for Canadian golf throughout her distinguished career. As we mourn her passing and send our most sincere condolences to family and friends, the golf and sport community come together in celebrating her outstanding legacy.Coe-Jones was inducted into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame in 2003.`I was totally caught off guard, Coe-Jones said at the time. `In fact, I had to make sure someone wasnt playing a trick on me. I am just thrilled and proud to be included in such good company.Canadian mens star Mike Weir tweeted that Coe-Jones was a great player & competittor & wonderful lady!Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam also tweeted about Coe-Jones.ddddddddddddFormer LPGA Tour player A.J. Eathorne posted a photo collage of her and Coe-Jones on her Instagram account.A very sad day today as we say good bye to our dear friend Dawn Coe Jones, the caption read. One of the most caring and wonderful women I have ever met. I am so lucky to have got to spend so many great times with her and her family. Love you always Miss Dawn.Coe-Jones was diagnosed in mid-March with dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma that required full knee and partial tibia replacement surgery.The LPGA Legends are heartbroken about the loss of our great friend, Dawn, who fought a valiant fight over the past few months against a rare form of sarcoma, said Jane Blalock, CEO of The Legends Tour. Dawn was truly a player and a person admired, respected and loved by all of us who had the fortune to know and play alongside her. This is indeed, a very sad day.During the Dawn Coe-Jones Golf Classic in Tampa on Oct. 14, a golf fundraiser for sarcoma research, Coe-Jones was honored as the recipient of the 2016 Colleen Walker Spirit Award. The award is presented each year to recognize a Legends Tour Player who best exemplifies Walkers spirit, courage and love of the game. A nine-time LPGA Tour winner, Walker died of cancer in December 2012.Growing up in Lake Cowichan on Vancouver Island, she worked as a teenager at March Meadows Golf Course in Honeymoon Bay.I drove an old Ford tractor, cutting grass and raking bunkers by hand, she recalled in an interview with Golf Canada magazine. We didnt have the equipment theyve got now.She is survived by husband James Edward Jones, son Jimmy Jones, and brothers Mark and John Coe. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13455 Themen und 24999 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de