Schneeflocken

the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported

in Neuvorstellungen 09.03.2019 04:12
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

UPPER ARLINGTON, Ohio -- Miguel Angel Jimenez was back on top on a Saturday, this time in the U.S. Senior Open at difficult Scioto County Club. The 52-year-old Spanish player was looking for a better late Sunday afternoon result after missing chances in his last two events.Jimenez put himself in position to break out of the title funk Saturday, finishing off a 1-under 69 in gusty wind and sheets of rain to take a one-stroke lead. He was in a lot better shape in Scotland and Minnesota in the last two tournaments -- and came up empty.Three weeks ago at Carnoustie in the Senior British Open, Jimenez took a four-stroke lead into the last day, only to shoot 75 and tie for third -- three strokes behind winner Paul Broadhurst. Last week in the 3M Championship, Jimenez was a stroke ahead entering the final round and ended up losing when Joe Durant shot 63 and eagled the first hole of a playoff.Just keep playing golf and give myself patience. Thats the main thing, Jimenez said. Whatever happens, happens. Obviously, at the Open in Scotland, I lost that tournament there without playing bad, and here tomorrow we have to play 18 holes, and whatever happens happens. Just keep focused and enjoy yourself. Thats the main thing.Jimenez won in Mississippi in March for his third career PGA Tour Champions victory. He has 15 regular European Tour victories, the last in the 2014 Spanish Open at a tour-record 50 years, 133 days. And The Mechanic is famous for the quirky, fun-loving ways that have prompted some to call him The Most Interesting Man in the World.Of course, you have to enjoy yourself, and I enjoy myself, Jimenez said. You look at my office, no? Its a great life, no? Thats what I want to do in my life is play golf. I will do what I want to do in my life for a living, and golf is not my job. Its also my hobby. Of course, when I finish here, Im going to have a big fat cigar with a nice glass of wine and enjoy my wife and my family and my people who are here.Jimenez had a 3-under 207 total on Jack Nicklaus boyhood course. Gene Sauers was second after a 71. Ian Woosnam (70), Loren Roberts (70) and senior newcomer Billy Mayfair (75) were tied for third at 1 over.Jimenez was one of just four players who were below par for the day. Three strokes behind Joey Sindelar entering the round, Jimenez had four birdies and three bogeys, with the three bogeys coming in a four-hole stretch. After making two birdies on the front nine, he birdied the 12th, bogeyed 13 and 14, birdie 15, bogeyed 16 and finished with two pars just as sheets of driving rain rolled in on top of the suffocating heat and humidity that has worn down the players all week.The conditions, they are tough today, especially because of the wind, Jimenez said. The greens were softer on the first two rounds, but its the gusting wind there that (makes it) not easy to choose the club, the right club. Sometimes it will go a place that you dont (want) to.Sauers also battled the wind and had four birdies and five bogeys.The heat, the wind, the rain on the last hole -- it was a brutal day, said the 53-year-old Sauers, winless on the senior tour.Sindelar had a 77 to drop into a tie for sixth at 2 over.Golfs hard, the 58-year-old former Ohio State player said. U.S. Opens harder. And I thought for the most part, I was pretty happy with the way I played. It wasnt horrible. Just a couple of uglies, and it played hard out there. Problem is, weve got a pretty good guy out there in the lead and a couple more really good ones right behind him.First-round leader Vijay Singh was 6 over, following his opening 66 with two 75s. Johnny Cueto Jersey . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Gaylord Perry Jersey . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Cheap San Francisco Giants Jerseys . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. Cheap Giants Jerseys China . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator.Picture the scene... Leicester are top of the English top flight with just five games to go. Tottenham are second, desperately chasing them. Except the year is not 2016, its 1963. 53 years ago, the Foxes were in a remarkably similar situation to their current Premier League status, fighting to secure their first League title... but it didnt end well.In a special one-off feature, Sky Sports looks back at that remarkable campaign, which saw Leicester finish disastrously, drawing one and losing four of their final five matches to slip to fourth place. The team included a young Gordon Banks and Frank McLintock, who reveal that Leicesters style of play all those years ago mirrors that of the clubs current crop.The 2016 team will, of course, hope to finissh more strongly than their Foxes counterparts, who also lost the FA Cup final to Manchester United in the same season.ddddddddddddIn 1963, Leicester picked up the nickname The Ice Kings after their impressive run of form during the so-called Big Freeze - one of the worst winters in British history.Banks and McLintock speak about how the whole city embraced their success, and how the players tampered with their studs to get a better grip on the icy surface before matches.Click on the video above to watch the full feature! Also See: Leicester-West Ham preview The Riyad Mahrez story Premier League table Leicester news ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de