Schneeflocken

efore Sunday night much as they

in Neuvorstellungen 04.03.2019 04:43
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Wholesale Fashion Shoes .ca. Why was there no penalty on Clayton Stoner for hit on Max Pacioretty in the third period of Thursdays Ducks-Canadiens game? It was a late hit right between the numbers and into the boards. There should at least be a supplemental hearing, no? Jason Hollings, Ajax, ON Jason: After an internal review of Clayton Stoner’s hit on Max Pacioretty, the Player Safety Committee announced this morning that no subsequent action will be taken against the Ducks player. Even though there appeared to be no malice on the part of Stoner, it is my opinion that a formal hearing should have been convened based on the illegal cross-check which caused Pacioretty to launch face-first into the glass and resulted in injury. At the very least, Stoner should have been be fined for the careless act that warranted a cross-checking major and game misconduct in the game. Ducks Stoner hits Canadiens Pacioretty It has been reported that the hit was only marginally late (0.4 seconds) after Pacioretty released the puck and he appeared to be unsuspecting of the impending hit (although, he perhaps should have been). Even though Pacioretty was almost shoulder-square to the boards (with just a slight body rotation) with his chest facing back toward the blue line, the five-foot distance from the side boards placed the Habs player in a vulnerable position. Taking a forceful check in this position could result in dangerous side head/neck contact with the boards or glass. Facing the glass from this distance is, perhaps, a better option and might allow for the player to raise his hands and defend against some of the impact. This could, in part, explain Pacioretty’s body rotation toward the boards, combined with the directional driving force exerted by Stoner. Pacioretty’s body rotation toward the glass is a possible reason that the PSC determined no disciplinary action was warranted on the play. On the other hand, maybe they didn’t think it was that serious an offence? What troubles me most about this illegal hit was the fact that Stoner initiated contact with his stick in a prone cross-check position and fully extended his arms. Stoner’s cross-check shove remained connected to Pacioretty’s back right through and including the point when the Montreal player’s face contacted the glass. This action created significant velocity with which Pacioretty was launched into the side boards in a spine-bending crash. As you mentioned, Jason, there was no penalty assessed on the play. The neutral-zone referee can be seen crossing the ice to assume a position away from the puck that had exited the zone. As such, this ref was not focused on the illegal finishing hit delivered by Stoner down the wall. I am uncertain what the end-zone referee was focused on, but my guess is that it was most likely the puck moving toward the blue line, meaning that he was also unaware of the impending hit on Pacioretty. As I stated, a cross-checking major and game misconduct was warranted as a result of the severity of the contact and resulting injury that Pacioretty sustained. I believe Clayton Stoner was sincere, and perhaps even contrite, when he made the following post-game comment to the media: “I didn’t mean to hurt him, but the game’s fast and sometimes guys go into the boards wrong, so I hope he’s all right and I didn’t mean any intentions to hurt him.” While Stoner clearly demonstrated concern for the health and well-being of his injured opponent, actions generally speak louder than words. Actions are what players are judged on. Wholesale Shoes China . A little more than one year after missing a last-second tip-in that would have given the Wolverines a share of the Big Ten regular-season title, the 6-foot-8 forward scored on a layup with 7. Cheap Shoes USA . - Urijah (The California Kid) Faber finds himself in an unaccustomed position Saturday night at UFC 175 — on the preliminary card. http://www.discountshoescheap.com/ . Rudy Gay made the tying basket in regulation and a 3-pointer in overtime that gave Sacramento the lead for good, and Fredette scored a career-high 24 points to help the Kings beat the Knicks 106-101 on Wednesday night.CONCORD, N.C. -- Kurt Busch was back in his element Thursday Busch was in North Carolina for Sprint Cup qualifying -- a welcome return to what he knows best. "I was on the plane ride back and Im like, You know, Im going to be back in my Cup car and be back in the comfort zone," he said. The former Sprint Cup champion has had a split focus all month as he prepares for Sundays Double attempt, hoping to become just the second driver to complete the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. He looked at home Thursday, posting the eighth-fastest speed of 191.042 mph in practice. That didnt hold up in qualifying as Busch ended 28th and failed to advance to the second round of the knockout session. Buschs fastest lap was 189.553 mph, meaning he and his No. 41 team have some work to do before Sunday night much as they have the past few weeks. While they won at Martinsville Speedway in March to seemingly lock up a spot in the 16-driver championship Chase, Busch stands 28th in Sprint Cup points. Busch hasnt finished better than 23rd in the five points races since his win at Martinsville. He didnt practice for last weeks All-Star race, showing up and running "cold turkey." Busch ended up 11th. Some might wonder if Buschs time at Indy is coosting him in NASCAR. Cheap Shoes Websites. He says no. "Ive been right there along with the Cup guys," Busch said Busch surprised his shop last week when he returned after rain wiped out a practice day at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He said team members were startled but "at the same time they were relieved because they know that we have some work to do," he said. "I just wanted to show them my commitment." Despite running laps at Indy the past few weeks, Busch has a difficult time explaining the difference between the disciplines. "Ive had to keep them very separate," said Busch, who wrecked during Mondays practice at Indianapolis and will be in a backup car for the Indy 500. Clint Bowyer said many in the garage area are rooting for Busch at his try for history. "I do believe Kurt has an opportunity to pull that off," Bowyer said. "That would be something to make all of us in this sport pretty proud." Busch is soaking up the experience, and he believes his try can give motorsports a "shot in the arm." When its over, though, he knows hell be ready to try to bring his Stewart-Haas team to the top of Sprint Cup. "Ill be back next week and it will be back to normal," he said. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de