Schneeflocken

and wing Josh Bassett followed Beales try-scoring exampl

in Eure Homepages 27.02.2019 04:03
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- A new NCAA rule change is catching some recruits by surprise while causing coaches to debate how much time they should spend on social media.Under the change that took effect last week, athletic department staff members are allowed to retweet or show their approval of social media posts made by recruits. The policy change has been nicknamed Click, Dont Type because coaches still arent allowed to add any sort of comment to a recruits post.NCAA spokeswoman Emily James said the Mid-American Conference proposed the rule change.Kristin Williams, the MACs associate commissioner for institutional services, said the original idea from the leagues coaches was a complete deregulation of social media usage. Williams said the idea was modified to the proposal that eventually passed because of administrative concerns that the initial recommendation would turn into an absolute free-for-all.Many coaching staffs wasted no time capitalizing on the new policy. Tennessee football coach Butch Jones smiled and shook his right hand to jokingly symbolize how tired it had become from all the retweeting.Were going to use it the best we can and not let it interfere with our current team or anything like that, Jones said. I had to have my thumbs popped out a little bit.Some prospects were caught off guard by the rule change.Knoxville Catholic teammates Amari Rodgers and Cade Mays said they were unaware of the new policy until they noticed college coaches had retweeted some of their posts. Although they already have made their college choices -- Rodgers has committed to Clemson and Mays to Tennessee -- both said they could see how a retweet from a coach or staffer might affect an uncommitted recruits decision.It would be cool to see a coach retweet one of your tweets or favorite one of your tweets because you know theyre looking at you and seeing what you put on social media, said Rodgers, a 2017 receiving prospect.Of course, that assumes the coaches are the ones actually doing the retweeting rather than delegating the responsibility.Im sure they feel pretty good when a college guy is retweeting their stuff, but is it really the (coach) or are they putting someone else in charge of handling that stuff? said Murfreesboro (Tennessee) Oakland High coach Kevin Creasy, whose team includes two seniors who have committed to Southeastern Conference schools. I dont know a lot of Division I head coaches sitting around that have time to retweet what a 16-year-old is putting out there. I feel like maybe its helping our unemployment rate go down because somebodys being hired to do that.Different coaches have responded differently to the new policy.Mississippis Hugh Freeze said he personally didnt plan to retweet any posts from prospects, though a scan of social media accounts shows that some of his assistants have done so.I think thats a poor reason to choose a school, because a coach retweeted something, Freeze said. Im not going to partake in that. Some of my coaches may, and I havent instructed them one way or another on it. I could end up doing it, but Im indifferent today.But Tennessees staff was particularly active on social media as soon as the rule change took effect. Jones and his assistants immediately retweeted hundreds of posts from prospects, including some tweets in which recruits announced they had received offers from Tennessee or had committed there.Its kind of a great way to start your morning off, Jones said. Or at night, its kind of my mental escape a little bit from football.The move already is paying off for recruits in at least one respect. Mays, a junior offensive lineman, cited the effect of having one of his posts retweeted by Jones.I think I got 250 followers the first hour, Mays said.---AP Sports Writer David Brandt in Oxford, Mississippi, contributed to this report. Wholesale Under Armour Online . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. Wholesale Under Armour . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. http://www.clearanceunderarmour.com/ . Sulaiman, 44, was chosen unanimously Tuesday in a vote by the leadership, the World Boxing Council said. Sulaiman becomes the sixth president of the organization. Cheap Under Armour USA .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Cheap Under Armour Shoes . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Australian star Kurtley Beale revealed a sense of relief after returning from injury and making a try-scoring Wasps debut in the European Champions Cup.Beale, who was also yellow-carded, struck after just seven minutes as Wasps beat Pool Two rivals Connacht 32-17 at the Ricoh Arena.It was his first game since suffering a serious knee injury playing for Sydney-based Super Rugby franchise the Waratahs in May.It has been a long time coming, said Beale, who is thought to be the Aviva Premierships highest-paid player.It was a very special moment to get out there playing for my new club and contributing the way I did. I had a little bit of a taste of everything, really!I have been very lucky. Wasps have been fantastic supporting me through the tough times. They have made my welcome here very settling.I have been able to concentrate on my rugby and try to get back to the form I was in before the injury.There have been some really dark days. I am just relieved that I have come out today and did my job for the team.Of course there are doubts, and nerves kicking in. It was important that I didnt get carried away with the whole occasion. Overall, it is exciting to be back and doing what I love.Beale was harshly sin-binned for a high tackle, and Wasps rugby director Dai Young added: I think there would be a big fine around the corner if I really said what I really thought.There were obstacles in the game, and the referees interpretation was one we had to battle with. We certainly seemed to fall on the wrong side of some decisions. Some of them were head-scratchers, to be honest.I said to Kurtley before the game to go out and enjoy himself.To go to the other side of the world to play rugby is difficult enough, but to arrive somewhere injured and having to work for six months (to recover) is really tough. Its ttestament to his strength of character that he has come through that.ddddddddddddWasps kept their collective composure as number eight Nathan Hughes, skipper Joe Launchbury and wing Josh Bassett followed Beales try-scoring example, while fly-half Jimmy Gopperth kicked two penalties and three conversions to underpin victory ahead of next weeks return fixture in Galway.Wasps claimed a try-scoring bonus and moved three points clear of Connacht and four above Toulouse, although they were given a stern test by their opponents for large parts of an entertaining contest.Scrum-half Kieran Marmion and substitute Rory Parata scored tries for the visitors, with fly-half Jack Carty converting both Connacht touchdowns and kicking a penalty, and despite the defeat, last seasons Guinness PRO12 champions remain firmly in the quarter-final mix.Young said: Connacht played some great stuff and put us under lots of pressure. It was nothing we didnt expect.We knew they would really test our defence and that they wouldnt kick too much, and I thought we stood up to the challenge really strongly.When we had our opportunities, I thought we were pretty clinical. With 60 minutes gone, it was still nip and tuck, but in fairness to the boys they found another gear in the last 20.Connacht head coach Pat Lam, meanwhile, said: The main feeling we have is that we are pretty deflated because it was a missed opportunity. We really thought we had a good chance to upset them here.There were enough opportunities for us there to win the game, but we didnt make the most of them. We will just have to dust ourselves off.The boys know there are things we are going to get better at, and we need to get better at. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de