Schneeflocken

tage doesnt matter to him, Crean said. I t

in So funktioniert das Forum 22.02.2019 09:56
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Isaiah Briscoe expected all those NBA workouts focused on improving his game to pay off with efforts like this.Judging from how newcomer DeAaron Fox shook off a rough start, Briscoe picked up some leadership pointers as well.Briscoe and Fox each scored a career-high 21 points, Malik Monk added 16 and No. 2 Kentucky pulled away from Canisius early in the second half for a 93-69 victory Sunday night.Briscoe topped his previous high of 20 last December at UCLA behind 9-of-13 shooting that helped Kentucky (2-0) rally from a seven-point first half deficit to build a 44-35 halftime advantage.I was just doing whatever I needed to do to keep my team in the game, said Briscoe, who attended those camps before returning for his sophomore season. We came out sluggish, we werent hitting shots, so I had to keep us in the game.Freshmen and fellow guards Fox and Monk combined to shoot 11 of 24 en route to career scoring bests in their short careers, while 6-foot-10 newcomer Bam Adebayo had 14 points and 11 rebounds a game after a foul-plagued debut Friday night.Those contributions came only after the Wildcats endured some early struggles. A 9-2 deficit forced Kentucky coach John Calipari to call timeout and calm his team down.When youre playing so many young guys, sometimes you just have to settle them down, he said.Briscoe spoke up as well, and the Wildcats responded with steady play that spoke volumes.Weve had to face that adversity since weve been here, Fox said, but hes done that in a few games last year. We all just listened to what he was saying.Kentucky shot 51 percent from the field.Kassius Robertson had 16 points, Jermaine Crumpton 13 and Phil Valenti 12 for Canisius (0-1) in the coaching debut of Reggie Witherspoon. The Golden Griffins initially pushed the pace and had Kentucky reacting but had no long-term answer for the Wildcats pace and backcourt.THE BIG PICTURECanisius: Solid shooting initially helped the Golden Griffins, who made 46 percent in the first half and played Kentucky nearly even on the boards (39-36). But they committed 18 turnovers leading to 29 Kentucky points and cooled off to 37 percent shooting after the break and finished 42 percent overall.I thought it was a fast-paced game, probably a little faster than our depth handled tonight, Witherspoon said. We were able to move the ball and get some good looks, but a team like this (Kentucky) recovers quickly and sometimes a good look can still be difficult. We had pockets where we played well, but werent able to sustain it.Kentucky: The Wildcats also shot a respectable 46 percent in the first half behind Briscoes 7-of-8 performance and had some nice ball movement between the guards down the stretch. They were less generous with the ball compared to the opener, finishing with just 10 assists on 31 baskets.POLL IMPLICATIONSNext week might provide a definitive answer as Kentucky steps up the competition Tuesday night against No. 12 Michigan State at the Champions Classic in New York.BAMS BOUNCE-BACKAdebayo had plenty of room to grow from a five-point, one-rebound debut limited to just 15 minutes by four fouls. The freshman committed just two fouls against Canisius and earned initial career bests with points, rebounds and 27 minutes.I just wasnt as focused as much as I should have, and tonight I just started focusing, he said.UP NEXTCanisius: Visits Cleveland State on Tuesday night in the second game of the Bluegrass Showcase, an event that also features Duquesne, Cleveland State and UT Martin playing games at campus sites.Kentucky: Faces Michigan State on Tuesday in New York. The schools last met in the same event two years ago in Chicago, a 78-74 Spartans victory that brought them within 12-11 in the series.---More AP College Basketball: collegebasketball.ap.org Air Max 720 Cheap Wholesale . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Air Max 720 Wholesale China . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. http://www.airmax720outletcheap.com/ . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries. Air Max 720 Sale Cheap . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Air Max 720 Outlet Cheap . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Jet lag could be as tough an opponent for No. 6 Indiana as UMass-Lowell on Wednesday night at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind.The Hoosiers opened their season in rousing fashion Friday night, pulling out a 103-99 overtime win over then-No. 3 Kansas at the Armed Forces Classic in Honolulu. Five days and six time zones later, they get back on the court against a River Hawks team off to a 1-1 start in their final transition season in Division I.Indianas resolve was as impressive as its compete level against Kansas, which is saying something. It lost three players to fouls, including sophomore center Thomas Bryant, and trailed by nine points early in the second half before reeling in the Jayhawks and finally capturing the victory.For us to find a way to win against a team like that and as good as they are and dealing with all the different kind of lineup changes we had to have ... we try to be a position-less team as much as possible, Hoosiers coach Tom Crean said.Indiana got four 3-pointers and 26 points from junior guard James Blackmon Jr., playing his first game since an ACL tear ended his 2015-16 season after 13 games. Bryant added a 19-point, 10-rebound double-double despite dealing with leg cramps while freshman Curtis Jones came off the bench for three 3-pointers and 15 points.Jones played beyond his years in his 16 minutes, displaying the cool of an older player when he drained a step-back jumper in overtime.I think what that says is that the stage doesnt matter to him, Crean said. I think thats what is really important. At one point, we had three freshmen in there in overtime and they all contributed.The Hoosiers allso were impressive in the areas of first-shot defense and rebounding, holding the Jayhawks to 43.dddddddddddd7 percent shooting from the field and possessing a 50-39 advantage on the glass. They grabbed 40 percent of available offensive rebounds and 72.7 percent of the available defensive caroms.UMass-Lowell has been pretty respectable in its first two games, falling 90-76 Friday at Massachusetts and then thumping Wagner 87-76 on Monday night. Thats the same Wagner team which stunned then-ranked Connecticut on Friday night in its season opener.Junior Matt Harris is leading the River Hawks through two games at 17 points per game, going 13-for-13 at the foul line Monday night to account for most of his 18 points. Sophomore Isaac White tallied a career-high 20 points, converting all 10 of his free throws.Despite getting dominated on the glass 45-23, UMass-Lowell led almost the entire game, keeping Wagner at arms length by sinking 32 of 36 foul shots.It was a really good win for our program, River Hawks coach Pat Duquette said. Wagner is a very good team that just knocked off UConn and won 23 games last year. Overall, I thought a lot of guys contributed and we had a very balanced attack.This is the first of four straight games for Indiana as part of the Indiana Classic, which stretches out over 11 days. It will also host Liberty and Mississippi Valley State while traveling to Fort Wayne. UMass-Lowell will also play at Fort Wayne while meeting Liberty and Mississippi Valley State in Lynchburg, Va. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de