Schneeflocken

field have been confirmed

in Neuvorstellungen 02.01.2019 04:19
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig says the sports new replay system is working well despite a few problems during its first two weeks. Nike Air Max Outlet Nederland . While baseball began video review late in the 2008 season, it was limited to potential home runs and boundary calls. The new system that began March 30 vastly expands the types of plays that managers and umpires can ask to be reviewed at a replay centre in New York. Calls by umpires on the field have been confirmed in 33 of 89 challenges through Monday and overturned in 30. For 25 others, calls stood because of a lack of "clear and convincing" evidence. In one instance, umpires asked for a video review to check the balls-strike count. Selig called the rollout "remarkable" but wouldnt say whether MLB would make any adjustments during this initial season. "Weve had really very little controversy overall," Selig said Tuesday at the MLB Diversity Business Summit. "Everything in life will have a little glitch here and there where you do something new. And are our guys on top of it? You bet. But Im saying to you again, youll hear about the one or two controversies, but look at all the calls that have been overturned." Umpires review challenged calls in a room filled with computers, screens and technicians at the offices of Major League Baseball Advanced Media. "Technology takes a while to work," MLBAM chief executive officer Bob Bowman said. "I dont know if you ever bought a new car. You dont know how all that stuff works right away. And if you ever get a new phone, it takes you awhile to learn it. Were under 30 days old, and I know weve arrived because ESPN is already criticizing us. And it must be great to be perfect the way ESPN is." ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz declined comment. Boston manager John Farrell was ejected after a call was overturned during Sundays game against the Yankees, which gave New York an additional run in a game it went on to win 3-2. Francisco Cervelli originally was called out at first for an inning-ending double play, but he was ruled safe on the review -- allowing Brian McCann to score from first. A day earlier, MLB admitted it incorrectly failed to overturn a call that was in favour of the Yankees and said it was because the replay room in New York did not immediately have access to some of the camera angles from broadcasts that showed Boston shortstop Xander Bogaerts tagged Dean Anna while the runners right foot briefly came off second base. "I dont expect any system to be perfect. So its no different than before instant replay," Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner said. "Youre going to get calls that go your way, and youre probably going to get some that dont. And no system is perfect, but its a vast improvement over what we had." Chicago Cubs owner Tom Ricketts had a more parochial -- and playful -- view. "Were two and two in challenges, so its clear to us the replay system only works about half the time," he said. Nike Air Max Aanbieding . Its the second of three meetings between these teams this season. Vancouver was a 2-1 winner on home ice December 22nd. Nike Air Max Uitverkoop . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. http://www.airmaxnederland.nl/ . The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday.Lewis Hamilton has called on Red Bull pair Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo not to change their approach at the Brazilian GP in order to stay out of his title fight with Nico Rosberg. Mercedes boss Toto Wolff publicly criticised Verstappen for banging wheels with Rosberg at the Mexican GP two weeks ago and has been strongly rebuked by Red Bull for subsequently calling the teenagers father, Jos, to warn of the perils of the youngster interfering in the championship fight.Wolff calls Jos Verstappen about Max But Hamilton, who will start Sundays race on pole with the fourth-placed Verstappen lining up directly behind Rosberg on the grid, has made a call of a different kind by urging the Dutchman and Ricciardo to race as hard as ever.We are racing, insisted Hamilton. They dont owe me any favours and they dont owe Nico any favours. If it was me in their car Id be wanting to get the best result, get the best bonus, get the most points, be ahead of whoever you are racing against. Of course I would want to be racing hard.Although Hamilton has held a small but significant pace advantage over team-mate Rosberg this weekend, the Englishman has a vested interest in Red Bull becoming actively involved in the fight at the front on Sunday. Even if he were to win both of the final races this year, Hamilton would miss out on the title if Rosberg finishes in second place in both Brazil and the season-concluding Abu Dhabi GP. And while not going as far as to call on the Red Bulls to ease off, Rosberg has suggested they could adopt a more relaxed approach. It is normal for other drivers not to drive differently just because others drivers are driving for the championship because that is not their problem, said the championship leader.But we all need to try and drive within the limits, a lot of penalties have been given recently and that is why maybe it is worth them considering a half gear, or a half something more relaxed, could be the right direction.Hamilton takes pole ahead of Rosberg Mercedes boss Toto Wolff explains the reason behind his call to Jos Verstappen and why they discussed son Maxs approach to driving In any case, Wolffs plea to Verstappen has fallen on deaf ears - literally and metaphorically. Nike Air Max Goedkoop. . The youngster has revealed he ignored the call to his father, telling Sky Sports I was watching TV and didnt want to be disturbed, and vowed not to change his approach when he faced reporters on Saturday night. We should race, everyone, said the 19-year-old. Up until the last they should still try and fight for first. Otherwise you are not a worthy world champion, are you?I am just here to focus on my job and that is to drive fast for Red Bull, not Mercedes.Verstappen, however, did stress that the situation surrounding Wolffs phone call had become all a bit blown up, with the Mercedes motorsport boss later insisting he hadnt warned Verstappen Snr to tell his son to stay out of the title fight.I think Max is a great driver, said Wolff. He has incredible skill. He is refreshing as a character. He is spontaneous, intelligent. I am a really big fan and he is just what the doctor ordered for Formula 1The last thing he will do is change his approach. I did not say for him to move out of the way, or race in a different way.What I was discussed with Jos were two things. First of all I felt that, unfortunately for Max, there was a negative spin from some of the media around his driving, which I said was unjustified in my eyes. I did it only out of sympathy from Max and Jos, and nothing else. I felt that him [Jos] being at the races was an important factor. It was my personal opinion, not as somebody from Mercedes, but just part of a personal conversation I would have had with him regularly. And he acknowledged.Number two was its three races to the end and if an accident would happen with Lewis or Nico its something that would add to some of the negative spin in the media, and I think this can be avoided. Just to consider that for Max that is not as important as the other two. We are in a very fortunate position that whoever wins [the title] is going to be a Mercedes, its obviously different for Max.Dont miss the Brazilian GP on Sunday evening. The race is live at 4pm on Sky Sports F1; Watch with a NOW TV day pass - £6.99, no contract Also See: Hamilton beats Rosberg to pole The Formula 1 Gossip column Whens the Brazilian GP on Sky F1? Get a Sky Sports weekend pass Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de