Schneeflocken

Winnipegs leader offensively

in So funktioniert das Forum 10.12.2019 01:46
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

LONDON - New York City FC acknowledged on Friday that it misled fans by wrongly announcing the signing of Frank Lampard last year when he never had a playing contract for the Major League Soccer expansion team.After Lampards release from Chelsea, NYCFC announced in July that he had signed a two-year contract which starts August 1st and paraded him around Manhattan.In fact, hed only agreed to a commitment to play for NYCFC on a two-year contract from January 2015, the player and City Football Group said on Friday.The uncertainty over the midfielders status emerged only after his surprise switch to partner club Manchester City, which was initially wrongly described in August as a loan from New York, was said on Dec. 31 to have been extended until the end of the European season.But English Premier League rules state that Lampards contract had to run until June 30. After the Premier League looked into the issue again on Friday, it was further clarified that Lampards deal had always been for the whole season, but with a Dec. 31 break clause that could have enabled him to return to NYCFC for the MLS season.Both teams are part of City Football Group (CFG), the umbrella company for the portfolio of clubs owned by Abu Dhabis Sheikh Mansour.CFG acknowledges that Lampards only playing contract is with the Premier League champion, with the midfielders MLS career not now due to start until midway through the season in July.CFG told The Associated Press that the NYCFC announcement last July was a genuine error which throws everything into confusion (for media and fans). It wasnt a contract. Its an agreement with City Football Group with intention to play for NYCFC.Lampards move to Manchester City was remarkable because only days earlier last summer he said the MLS move was because he did not want to play for another Premier League team after 13 years at Chelsea.When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play in NYCFC for two years starting January 1st 2015, the former England international said in Fridays statement.I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York. This period has since been extended by Man City and I now will start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season.Despite City Football Group acknowledging its mistake after a week of silence on the issue following inquiries from the AP, Lampard said he had read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days.There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone, Lampard said. I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York.NYCFC supporters group, The Third Rail, said it was outraged by Lampards prolonged stay in England because Julys misleading signing announcement was accompanied by a push to sell season tickets and the players jerseys.___Rob Harris can be followed at www.twitter.com/RobHarris Ted Kluszewski Jersey . "He started putting me on the ice to strengthen them at the suggestion from a doctor," he said. Weight said it wasnt a pretty sight at the rink in St. Clair Shores, Mich. "I looked like Forrest Gump," he joked. Joel Kuhnel Jersey .C. -- The Steve Smith era in Carolina is over. https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/655s-ces...ersey-reds.html. Hes still nowhere close to throwing yet. The four-time MVP was in good spirits when he made his first public appearance on the field since having neck surgery Sept. Phillip Ervin Jersey . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. Lucas Sims Jersey . Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3.Scoring in five of nine innings goes a long way to posting a W. The Winnipeg Goldeyes (15-9) did just that in a 7-4 win over the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks (15-9) at Newman Outdoor Field in North Dakota Sunday afternoon. The win is Winnipegs first regular season victory in Fargo since August 2012 and avoids a third consecutive sweep in Fargo to the RedHawks. The Goldeyes scored single runs in each of the first three innings, including a lead-off home run by Ray Sadler in the top of the third inning that gave Winnipeg a 3-1 lead. After Fargo responded with two runs in the bottom of the third inning to tie the game, Winnipeg restored the two-run lead in the top of the sixth. Josh Mazzola singled in Donnie Webb, and Reggie Abercrombie scored on the same play thanks to a throwing error by Fargo third baseman Ronnie Bourquin, who was trying to catch Mazzola in a run down between first and second base. An inning later, Luis Alen dumped a single into centre field, which scored Tyler Kuhn and Jake Blackwood.Fargo tallied a run in the bottom of the eighth inning, but the RedHawks comeback bid fell three runs shortt.ddddddddddddAlen was Winnipegs leader offensively with three RBI in the game. "Thats what Luis does," Goldeyes pitching coach Jamie Vermilyea said on the Jewel 101 post-game show. "He puts the ball in play, finds the gaps and gets the big hits with men on base." On the bump, Chandler Barnard went 5 1/3 innings in his Goldeyes debut to get the win. He allowed three runs on six hits. "He has a hard, heavy sinker," Vermilyea said. "Once he established that and threw it over the plate, they didnt put too many good swings on it. He looked good, especially joining a new team in the middle of the season." Kyle Bellamy pitched the ninth inning for his fourth save of the season. Fargos starter Danny Gutierrez suffered the loss for the RedHawks. After playing the Field of Dreams Golf Tournament tomorrow, the Goldeyes begin a six-game homestand Tuesday night against the Grand Prairie AirHogs, who will be making their first visit to Shaw Park. The St. Paul Saints will make their first of three visits to Winnipeg next weekend for the back half of the homestand. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de