Schneeflocken

got to bed at two

in So funktioniert das Forum 04.12.2019 02:36
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Philadelphia Flyers are ready for the playoffs. Claude Giroux scored two goals and the Flyers clinched a Stanley Cup playoff berth by beating the Florida Panthers 5-2 on Tuesday. Tye McGinn, Sean Couturier and Vincent Lecavalier also scored for the Flyers and Steve Mason made 38 saves. The Flyers won their second consecutive game after losing the four previous games and after a 1-7 start to the season, making the playoffs is a big relief. "From the start we got, from the first (eight) games, weve got to be proud of what weve done," Lecavalier said. "Obviously we have to finish strong and make sure that were ready and confident for that first round." Jonathan Huberdeau and Erik Gudbranson scored goals for Florida and Dan Ellis stopped 22 shots. Ellis substituted for Roberto Luongo, a late scratch with an upper-body injury. After the game, Panthers coach Peter Horachek said Luongos injury was muscular soreness and not serious. The Panthers didnt go easily. Trailing 4-0, they scored two goals early in the third period to close to 4-2 and make the Flyers nervous. "We kind of took our foot off the gas," Giroux said. "We only have three games to kind of work on our game and be ready for the playoffs." The Flyers scored four goals in the second period, including three on their first four shots. The Flyers took a 1-0 lead when Lecavalier found a loose puck in the slot and wristed it between Ellis pads at 2:02 for his 20th goal of the season. The Flyers have seven 20-goal scorers. Philadelphia went ahead 2-0 when Giroux fired a shot from the top of the right circle that got cleanly by Ellis at 6:29. The Flyers stretched their lead to 3-0 a few minutes later on Girouxs second goal. Mark Streit dropped a pass to Giroux in the slot and his wrist shot beat Ellis at 8:50. "Just a couple of shots where I?was able to get open and shoot it on net," Giroux said. "Obviously those goals were huge for us to get the lead." Philadelphia went ahead 4-0 with 4:57 left in the second when Couturier wristed in a rebound from the right side. It was his first goal in 18 games. The Panthers have lost six of their past seven games and Ellis has lost all five starts with the Panthers since being acquired from Dallas on March 5. "It was a good start (in the first) but in the second period I just let in four bad goals," Ellis said. "I take responsibility for that loss. ... I cant let two pucks go right through me." Gudbranson scored 1:14 into the third when he fired a shot from just inside the blue line that got past Mason to make the score 4-1. Huberdeau pulled the Panthers to 4-2 when he poked the puck between Masons pads at 5:38 of the third. It was the first goal for Huberdeau since Jan. 20 at Pittsburgh, a span of 19 games. "Obviously, we made it closer than it should have been," said Flyers coach Craig Berube, who was happy the team clinched a spot in the playoffs. "They went through a lot and they battled hard all year. Theyre a good group of guys, good character, and they deserve a lot of credit for making the playoffs." The Flyers made it 5-2 when McGinn took a pass from Lecavalier from behind the net and poked the puck past Ellis with 4:54 left in the third. NOTES: Flyers R Steve Downie returned to the lineup after missing eight games with an upper-body injury. ... Huberdeau returned after missing 11 games with a lower-body injury. ... The Panthers recalled centre Drew Shore from AHL San Antonio and reassigned forward Bobby Butler to the Rampage. Khalil Greene Jersey . It was a loss. But it was also a learning experience. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson had 24 points each to lift Brooklyn to a 94-87 win over the Raptors, making their first playoff appearance since 08. "I thought we played a little bit as expected as it is our first playoff game," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said. Luis Urias Jersey . During the furious first few hours of free agency Tuesday, the team agreed to terms with strong safety Donte Whitner, a Cleveland native who cant wait to play in his hometown. https://www.cheappadresjerseys.us/1473m-...sey-padres.html. His Chicago Blackhawks teammates werent shocked when he found it. Kanes career has been defined by his brilliance in the Blackhawks biggest moments, and his tiebreaking goal with 3:45 to play in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals will rank among the best. Fred Mcgriff Jersey . Inter moved five points behind fourth-place Fiorentina and eight points behind third-place Napoli, which visits relegation-threatened Sassuolo on Sunday. Bobby Brown Jersey .Boston beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Tuesday night and celebrated consecutive wins for the first time in more than a month. GLASGOW -- There was a moment Wednesday night when Derek Drouin was waiting to make his final attempt in high jump. In the tunnel to the track, Brianne Theisen-Eaton and Jessica Zelinka were waiting for their final event of the heptathlon. All action had paused for a medal ceremony. It was for Canadian Jim Steacys gold medal in the hammer throw from the previous night. The "O Canada" moment wasnt lost on any of them. "The national anthem played right before my last attempt and I thought, If this isnt going to get me pumped up I dont know whats going to," Drouin said. Drouin and Theisen-Eaton would both go on to claim gold, while Jessica Zelinka won silver in the heptathlon and Mike Mason took bronze in the high jump. Julie Labonte added a bronze in shot put for a five-medal night for Canada at the track. "When we were in the tunnel ... I was listening to the Canadian anthem and thinking, An hour and that could be me," Theisen-Eaton said. Drouin, from Corunna, Ont., cleared 2.31 metres to win his first major international high jump title, while Mason, from Nanoose Bay, B.C., won the bronze with 2.25 metres. Theisen-Eaton won the heptathlon with a score of 6,597 and Zelinka scored 6,270 for silver. "We got four medals in the span of about two minutes there, so were definitely moving in the right direction. Good things are happening," Drouin said. "And Mike and I got to pass our (Canadian) flags on to the heptathlon girls, so it was a pretty special five minutes there." Added Theisen-Eaton: "All of a sudden, all of once, Scott (MacDonald, Athletics Canadas high performance director) was trying to give everybody flags. Good problem to have." After another strong day, Canada remained in third place in the overall medal standings with 51 medals (22 gold, seven silver, 22 bronze). Australia leads with 106 medals, one more than England. David Tremblay of Windsor, Ont., won gold in the mens 61-kilogram category, Dori Yeats of Montreal won the womens 69-kilo title and Arjun Gill of Surrey, B.C., won gold in the mens 97-kilo event. Jill Gallays of Saskatoon and Braxton Stone-Papadopoulos of Pickering, Ont., won bronze medals. Gallays finished third in the womens 53-kilo category and Stone-Papadopoulos was third in the womens 58-kilo class. In diving, Montreals Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion of Laval, Que., won gold in the womens synchronized 10-metre platform. Lavals Jennifer Abel and Pamela Ware of Beloeil, Que., later added silver in the three-metre springboard. The 24-year-old Drouin, who won bronze at both the 2012 London Olympics and 2013 world championships, had hoped to go higher. Hes broken the Canadian record three times in less than a year, and in his first meet this season, cleared 2.40 metres to join an exclusive club -- only about a dozen jumpers in history have jumped that high. It wasnt to be on a blustery night at Hampden Park, as he missed all three attempts at 2.35. "I would really love to jump 2.40 again. Id like to get up to those high heights again," he said. "I think we got a taste of what Scottish weather was like," he added, of the conditions. "It was funny, within a matter of about two minutes we had a problem of rain and then the sun being in our eyes. Its just what you have to deal with, it obviously wasnt perfect but we dealt with it." Theisen-Eaton, a 25-year-old from Humboldt, Sask., won five of the seven events -- high jump, shot put, 200 metres, long jump and the 800 -- over the two days for her first major international victory. She won silver at both last years world indoor and outdoor world championships. "So this gold medal makes me really happy,"t; she said.dddddddddddd "I always said I dont think I would get choked up but I had to fight back a few tears (on the podium). Its just representing your country and knowing everybody back home is happy and watching and supporting you. It feels really good." Theisen-Eatons husband Ashton Eaton -- a world record-holder and Olympic and world champion in the decathlon -- cheered her on from the stands. The American even wore a Canada T-shirt. "Ashton obviously knows what its like to be out there as an athlete, and knows that sometimes its hard to fire yourself up," Theisen-Eaton said. "So at the long jump, he walked over and said, Bri, come here! and I go over there, he was like, Come on, youve got to get fired up for this one! "He just amps me up." The heptathlon marked the first time Theisen-Eaton and Zelinka had battled head-to-head since the London Olympics. The 32-year-old Zelinka, from London, Ont., took last year off from the multi-events, needing a break. Earlier this season, Theisen-Eaton broke Zelinkas Canadian record of 6,599 points, recording 6,641 in Gotzis, Austria. Theisen-Eaton had a virtually unbeatable 326-point lead after six of the seven events, and they capped the two days with a hard-fought 800. Theisen-Eaton won in two minutes 11.46 seconds, Zelinka finishing eight-10ths of a second behind her. "I wanted to be competitive and show Im back, and Im strong mentally in this event," said Zelinka, who won the two events that Theisen-Eaton didnt -- the 100-metre hurdles and javelin. "This is kind of like a little opening ceremonies for me coming back. Its good to play again, it was playing. It was fun." Asked for her reaction to Theisen-Eatons victory, Zelinka said: "No reaction, I knew she could do it. She was second coming in. In the world. I was 20th. So it was no surprise. But I still wanted to challenge her, because thats what we do in heptathlon." Zelinka, who was seventh in both the hurdles and heptathlon in London, almost didnt qualify for Glasgow, as the cut-off date to qualify was June 1. She missed the qualifying standard at a meet in May, so decided at the last minute to try again. "I did a race in Texas at 9 oclock, drove four hours, got to bed at two, started the hep at about 10 oclock the next day just to try again and I got (the qualifying standard)," she said. "I havent not made a national team since I was pregnant, every year Ive been on the national team, and it really means a lot." Zelinka echoed the praise of all the Canadians for the raucous crowd in the 44,000-seat Hampden Park -- normally the home of Scotlands national soccer team, but transformed into the track and field venue for the Games. The noise from the crowd for every event was deafening. "It took us forever to get around that (victory) lap, everyone is so into it here," Zelinka said. "Its such a great crowd, very genuine and very supportive of just great efforts, no matter what country." The 24-year-old Labonte threw 17.58 metres for the shot put bronze. Valerie Adams of New Zealand won the gold with 19.88, while Cleopatra Borel of Trinidad & Tobago was second with 18.57. Canada has 10 medals in track and field, including five gold, with three days of competition to go. The Canadian team brought home 17 medals in the sport from the Games four years ago in New Delhi. Kyriakos Ioannou of Cyprus was second in the high jump with 2.28 metres. Englands Jessica Taylor won heptathlon bronze with a score of 5,826. Labonte threw 17.58 metres. Valerie Adams of New Zealand won the gold with 19.88, while Cleopatra Borel of Trinidad & Tobago was second with 18.57. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute war 1 Gast online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de