Schneeflocken

others then he could pass in

in So funktioniert das Forum 03.12.2019 02:42
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia -- A rusty Novak Djokovic began his bid for a fourth consecutive Australian Open title on Monday with a win over Lukas Lacko while Serena Williams looked as polished as ever beating Australian teenager Ashleigh Barty. With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. But as the second-seeded Djokovics patience level began to drop, his skill level stepped up. He stayed on course for a fifth Australian title with a 6-5, 7-6 (2), 6-1 win, hoping to be the first man to achieve that feat since the Open Era began in 1968. Top-ranked Williams won her 23rd consecutive match -- including 18 at the end of last season and four last week in winning the Brisbane International -- after beating Barty 6-2, 6-1 in 57 minutes. "You have to be ready," Williams said. "She had nothing to lose." Williams continues to be in rarified territory. Her Brisbane title was the 58th of her career -- she won 11 last year, including the French Open and U.S. Open. A five-time winner of the Australian Open, shes trying to end Victoria Azarenkas two-year run as womens champion at Melbourne Park. Williams won 10 of 11 points at the net during the Barty match, but tried to dowse expectations that shell vacate her usual place at the baseline. "In my mind Ive been at the net (previously), but now Im physically going there a little more," Williams said. "No pressure. My next match I might stay at the baseline the whole time. Its nothing Im permanently working on. Im just trying to have fun and do what I want to do out there." Djokovic also had a strong finish to 2013, entering the tournament on a 24-match winning streak, which followed his loss to Rafael Nadal in last years U.S. Open final. Hes now also on a 22-match winning streak at Melbourne Park. "It is the first competitive match Ive had this season, I havent played for five or six weeks," Djokovic said. "I was a bit rusty on the court the first two sets. Afterwards it was all working well." Serenas sister, Venus Williams, started well earlier Monday but unforced errors in two key periods in her match sent the seven-time major winner out of the tournament. The elder Williams missed a break-point chance in the sixth game and then, after getting to 40-30 on serve in the ninth, inexplicably fired three consecutive double-faults to surrender a break and just about the set to No. 22-seeded Ekaterina Makarova. She took a 3-0 lead in the third before her unforced error toll climbed to 56 and Makarova won six of the next seven games for a 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 win. The 33-year-old Venus Williams, the second-oldest player in the tournament, has struggled with injuries and illness in recent seasons but reached the final of the WTA event at Auckland to start 2014 and came to Melbourne saying she was feeling better than she had in years. "The last 12 months I have had issues," she said. "But this year I definitely am looking forward to having a good run and feeling well." Three-highly-ranked players were beaten in the first round, including 2011 Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and two Italians, No. 7 Sara Errani and No. 12 Roberta Vinci. Sixth-seeded Kvitova lost 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 to No. 88-ranked Luksika Kumkhum of Thailand, who was playing in just her second Grand Slam tournament. Womens winners included two-time Australian Open finalist Li Na, Wimbledon semifinalist Kirsten Flipkens, No. 9 Angelique Kerber, 2011 U.S. Open champion Sam Stosur, No. 14 Ana Ivanovic, No. 26 Lucie Safarova, No. 28 Flavia Pennetta, No. 30 Eugenie Bouchard and No. 31 Daniela Hantuchova. Eighth-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka, who won the recent Chennai Open, was the first man into the next round, advancing after just 15 games when Andrey Golubev retired with an injured left leg. Other winners were third-ranked David Ferrer, No. 7 Tomas Berdych, No. 9 Richard Gasquet, No. 14 Mikhail Youzhny, No. 17 Tommy Robredo, No. 19 Kevin Anderson, No. 23 Ernests Gulbis, No. 29 Jeremy Chardy, No. 32 Ivan Dodig and American Sam Querrey. On Tuesday, in the tougher top half the mens draw, top-seeded Rafael Nadal, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and Roger Federer are all in action. Replica Yeezy . -- Crystal Webster avoided elimination at the 2013 Capital One Road to the Roar Olympic pre-trial curling tournament with an 8-5 win over Amber Holland on Thursday. Wholesale Yeezy Authentic . Williams withdrawal came less than 24 hours after losing in the final Auckland WTA tournament final. "I dont believe she has an injury," Hobart tournament director Mark Handley said. https://www.wholesaleyeezyauthentic.com/. - The Oakland Athletics have finalized an agreement on a 10-year extension to play at the Coliseum through the 2024 season. Yeezy Shoes . Numbers Game looks at the As getting Jon Lester from Boston, sending Yoenis Cespedes to the Red Sox along with a deal involving the As and the Minnesota Twins. The Athletics Get: LHP Jon Lester, LF Jonny Gomes, OF Sam Fuld and cash. Cheap Yeezy . That little deal worked out in a big way for the Mavericks. Nowitzki had 21 points Tuesday night to pass Oscar Robertson for 10th on the NBAs career scoring list, leading the Mavs to a 95-83 victory over the Utah Jazz.ROME - Perhaps Mario Balotellis struggles with Liverpool will have a positive effect on his return to Italys squad.Thats what Azzurri coach Antonio Conte is hoping for after giving Balotelli a surprising call-up for a key European Championship qualifier against Croatia on Sunday.Its the first time Conte has included Balotelli since taking over from Cesare Prandelli after Italys first-round elimination from the World Cup.Maybe its even better that Balotelli is coming in during a rough period, Conte said Monday as Italy began training in Florence. I think hell dedicate himself to the national team.Since transferring from AC Milan, Balotelli has scored only two goals in 14 appearances for Liverpool — and none in the Premier League.Glad to be back on the National Team and proud to represent my country, Balotelli wrote on Facebook.Without Balotelli, Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza have taken over as the starters in attack under Contes preferred 3-5-2 formation. It remains to be seen if Balotelli will be used as a bench option or possibly replace Zaza.All players are equal. Balotelli, like everyone else, could play if hes in form but he could also end up on the bench or even in the tribune, Conte said. Balotelli has a lot of experience with the national team, having played a World Cup and a European Championship. Thats important but its not enough. Hes going to have to show me he can adapt to my type of football.Others have already shown that. Immobile, Zaza, (Graziano) Pelle and (Sebastian) Giovinco start with an advantage, Conte added. If over the course of a week Balotelli shows me hes reached the level of the others then he could pass in front of them.While Italy has won all four of its matches under Conte, the Azzurri struggled somewhat in ttheir last two games, a 2-1 win over Azerbaijan and a 1-0 victory over Malta.dddddddddddd.Im looking forward to knowing (Balotelli). Its good to have competition, Zaza said. It could help the squad. I knew sooner or later he would be called up. Hes one of the best Italian forwards.Italy and Croatia are level at the top of Group H with nine points each. Two days after Sundays match at the San Siro — where Balotelli formerly played for both Inter and AC Milan — Italy hosts Albania in Genoa for a friendly.Conte said speculation that he had called up Balotelli merely to meet sponsor demands was nonsense.I dont exclude anyone, said the coach who guided Juventus to the last three Serie A titles. Balotelli is playing as a starter for Liverpool. Im forced to call up many players who are not starters for their clubs.Balotelli has scored 13 goals in 33 appearances for Italy, and was instrumental in the Azzurris run to the final of Euro 2012. But after scoring in Italys opening win over England at the World Cup, both he and the rest of Prandellis attack struggled in the next two matches against Costa Rica and Uruguay.Balotelli was the focus of a big portion of the blame for Italys early exit from the tournament in Brazil.Four months ago when he scored against England, you hailed Balotelli as Italys national treasure, Conte said. Four months later, hes being (attacked). I think thats part of the problem. Hes just a normal player.Conte deflected questions over reports in English tabloids focusing on Balotellis late-night partying habits.Im going to evaluate Balotelli for what he does from here on, Conte said. You know my rules and how severe I am. Im not going to waver on that.___Andrew Dampf can be followed at www.twitter.com/asdampf ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de