Schneeflocken

t of the way football is in

in So funktioniert das Forum 27.11.2019 03:03
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis rookie Marco Gonzales grew up watching the Colorado Rockies. Raised in Fort Collins, about an hour north of Denver, he is quite familiar with Coors Field. "I spent a good part of my life there," the Cardinals lefty said. Gonzales came back to beat his boyhood favourites on Sunday. In just his fifth major league start, Gonzales struck out nine and allowed one run over 5 2-3 innings to help the NL Central-leading Cardinals beat the Rockies 4-1 for their third straight win. The Cardinals held their 3 1-2-game division lead over Pittsburgh. St. Louis has won 13 straight regular-season home games in September and October. Colorado lost all six games on its just-completed road trip. Third baseman Nolan Arenado left the game soon after bruising his chest diving for a ball in the third inning. Jhonny Peralta hit a two-run homer to cap a three-run rally in the third inning. It was his team-high 21st homer. Gonzales (3-2) turned in the finest effort of his career under the pressure of a pennant chase. "Its great to be in a race, you could feel the intensity out there," Gonzales said. "My number was called and I just tried to focus, go out there and do my job." Gonzales, the Cardinals first-round pick in the 2013 draft, gave up two hits over the first five innings and carried a 3-1 lead into the sixth. He surrendered a two-out single to Brandon Barnes before leaving. "It was a terrific outing," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "We needed that. He really came up big." Added catcher Yadier Molina, "He stepped up and Im happy for him." Gonzales strikeout total was the most by a Cardinals rookie left-hander since Rick Ankiel fanned 11 in 2000 against Pittsburgh. Trevor Rosenthal struck out the side in the ninth to pick up his NL-leading 44th save in 49 opportunities. Six St. Louis pitchers combined to fan 16. Peraltas homer, a 410-foot shot off Jordan Lyles (6-3), broke a 1-all tie and put the Cardinals ahead to stay. "When I hit it, right away, I knew I hit it good," Peralta said. Matt Holliday hit an RBI double before Peralta homered. Molina had three hits for St. Louis and scored in the eighth on a wild pitch. Barnes drove in the Rockies run with a double in the second. Lyles gave up three runs on nine hits over six innings. "I just made a mistake to Peralta and good hitters put good swings on the ball," Lyles said. "He hit it a long way." Colorado scored just eight runs during the six-game losing streak, three came in the ninth inning of a 5-4 loss to St. Louis on Saturday. The Cardinals, who are 19-2 in their last 21 home games in September and October, carry plenty of momentum into a three-game series against Milwaukee that begins Tuesday. "For us, its a one-game series every night," Matheny said. "Thats the way weve got to look at it." TRAINERS ROOM Rockies: 1B Justin Morneau did not start for the second successive game after straining a side muscle in Fridays 5-1 loss. Cardinals: 1B Matt Adams was held out of the lineup. He sustained a slight oblique muscle pull in Saturdays 5-4 win. He is listed as day-to-day. UP NEXT Rockies: RHP Christian Bergman (2-3, 4.89) will face Roberto Hernandez (8-11, 4.04) in the opener of a three-game against Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday in Denver. Bergman will be making his eighth major league start. Cardinals: RHP Lance Lynn (15-9, 2.73) will open a three-game series at home against Milwaukees Wily Peralta (16-10, 3.75) on Tuesday. Lynn is 5-2 with a 2.37 ERA in nine starts against the Brewers. Ricardo Sanchez Jersey . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. Jim Presley Mariners Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line. https://www.cheapmariners.com/905k-taylo...y-mariners.html. His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said. Mariners Jerseys China . Some will say that Martin is too sensitive while others will say that it is part of the way football is in the locker room. But to have to absorb what was said to him for any rational and intelligent person is too much. Dave Valle Mariners Jersey . Week 2s biggest games include Florida facing Miami and Notre Dame travelling to the Big House to conclude their rivalry against Michigan in primetime on TSN2 and TSN 1050.LANGLEY, B.C. -- Brendan Bomberry scored three goals and assisted on two more as the Six Nations Arrows downed the Coquitlam Adanacs 12-7 in Game 5 of the Minto Cup on Thursday. Haodais Maracle had two goals and two assists, John Powless had a goal and three assists, and Quinn Powless, Brandon Montour, Josh Johnson, Shane Simpson, Ian Martin and Joel Shepley also scored for the Arrows, who took a 3-2 series lead in the best-of-seven set for the Canadian junior-A lacrosse championship. Eli McLaughlin scored three gooals and picked up an assist for the Adanacs, who won the first two games of the series before dropping the next three contests.dddddddddddd James Rahe had two goals and two assists, and Tyler Pace and Wesley Berg had a goal and two assists apiece. Arrows goalie Doug Jamieson stopped 48 shots in the victory. Coquitlams Ray Bannister and Christian DelBianco combined on 32 saves, with Bannister stopping 31 of 38 shots and DelBianco turning aside 1 of 2. The series continues with Game 6 on Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 13 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de