Schneeflocken

America national convention in

in So funktioniert das Forum 21.11.2019 03:16
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

PHOENIX -- Finally, the Arizona Diamondbacks won a series at home. Cody Ross hit his first home run of the year, Eric Chavez went deep for the second consecutive day and the Diamondbacks beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 on Sunday for their first series win at Chase Field all season. After setting a team record for runs Saturday night in an 18-5 rout, the Diamondbacks broke a 3-all tie with Chavezs two-run shot off Dan Haren (5-2) in the fifth inning. "We kind of went in there with a little momentum," manager Kirk Gibson said. "Last nights game was good for us. The thing about last nights game is, unless you play good (today), it doesnt really mean anything." Ross, batting .163 entering the game after coming back from major hip surgery, also doubled for Arizona, which has won two straight over the Dodgers after losing eight of the first nine meetings this season. "I felt something in BP the other day where I was, All right, I can start driving the ball," Ross said. Chris Owings singled three times and stole two bases for the Diamondbacks. The rookie is 9 for 11 against Haren. Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez homered for the Dodgers, who have lost three of four. "Obviously, you dont want to keep losing series. If you lose series you are not going to go anywhere," Los Angeles manager Don Mattingly said. "I am really worried about day to day. Till we can grind out wins, we are in trouble." Josh Collmenter (2-2) went 5 1-3 innings to get the win. Addison Reed threw a scoreless ninth for his 12th save. Collmenter was lifted after 84 pitches, allowing two runs and four hits. "If you can beat division rivals at home, thats big," Collmenter said. "Especially the way weve been able to play halfway decent on the road, if we can match that at home I think we can get our record where we want it to be." Haren gave up five runs, a season-high four earned, and 10 hits in six innings. "The last three games have been a struggle for me," he said. "Prior to that I was fine. I have to look and see what I was doing earlier in the year." Owings led off the fifth with a single. With two outs and a 3-2 count, Chavez -- who entered in the fourth after Martin Prado left with blurred vision in his left eye -- hit an opposite-field homer to left. That gave Chavez home runs in consecutive at-bats. He also had a pinch-hit shot Saturday. After first baseman Paul Goldschmidt dropped a relay throw for what would have been an inning-ending double play, the Dodgers loaded the bases with two outs against Brad Ziegler in the eighth. But second baseman Cliff Pennington caught Matt Kemps liner to end the inning. Ramirezs two-out homer in the first gave the Dodgers a 1-0 lead. Arizona tied it with an unearned run in the second. Ross doubled and scored when Ramirez threw wildly to first while trying to turn what would have been an inning-ending double play. In the third, Ramirez walked and Gonzalez homered to give the Dodgers a 3-1 lead. The Diamondbacks cut it to 3-2 when Gerardo Parra led off the bottom half with a single, went to second on a wild pitch and scored on Owings single. Ross first home run of the season tied it at 3 in the fourth. Even with the victory, the Diamondbacks are 6-16 at Chase Field this season. NOTES: Randy Johnson threw out the ceremonial first pitch to commemorate his perfect game 10 years ago. ... Dodgers OF Yasiel Puig went 0 for 3 and was hit by a pitch, ending his 16-game hitting streak. ... Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill sat out his second straight game with a sore right shoulder. ... Both teams have Monday off. The Dodgers open a series Tuesday night against the Mets in New York, with Josh Beckett (1-1, 2.38 ERA) pitching for Los Angeles. Rafael Montero (0-1) makes his second major league start for the Mets. Arizona visits St. Louis on Tuesday. Bronson Arroyo (4-2, 4.15 ERA) starts for the Diamondbacks against Adam Wainwright (6-2, 2.11). Air Jordan Sale . Cesar said the difficulties he went through after the 2010 World Cup helped him become "a better professional" and made him "more focused" on his career. He admitted that he took things for granted before the World Cup in South Africa, when he arrived considered the worlds top goalkeeper. Wholesale Shoes Adidas . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/vapormax-sale/. They probably ruined Tim Duncans hopes of a career change, though. Duncan wants to be a point guard, coach Gregg Popovich revealed Saturday, a wish that wont be granted. Wholesale Shoes Nike . According to various reports, the striker is about to sign a five-and-a-half year extension with Manchester United worth a reported 300,000 pounds a week that would see him at Old Trafford until 2019. Under Armour Shoes Sale . Algeria led 3-0 at halftime, but withstood a stronger South Korean second half performance to claim its first World Cup win since 1982 and move into second place in Group H with one match left to play. Defeat for South Korea means it must now beat already-qualified Belgium to stand a chance of progressing to the knockout stages.PHILADELPHIA - Ask coaches and GMs about Cyle Larin and theyll tell you hes a big talent with a big future.But the 19-year-old Canadian forward, who could go No. 1 in Thursdays MLS SuperDraft, also wins kudos for his demeanour off the field.Hes a great kid, we were very fortunate to have him said UConn coach Ray Reid, who worked with Larin for two seasons. As much as Im going to miss him as a player, if you want the truth Im going to miss him more as a guy. Hes a very good guy.Hes a terrific lad, first and foremost, echoed Canadian under-20 coach Rob Gale. Hes a very level-headed kid.Orlando City SC has first crack Thursday at the six-foot-two 190 pounder from Brampton, Ont. Fellow expansion team New York City FC picks second, ahead of the Montreal Impact, San Jose Earthquakes and Portland Timbers.With three picks in the first round — sixth, ninth and 11th — Toronto FC will be an active player whether it opts to trade some of its selections or not.The Vancouver Whitecaps pick 13th. Its the lowest selection the team has had since joining MLS and, with five picks in the third and fourth rounds, the Whitecaps will be looking for some diamonds in the rough.The first two rounds go Thursday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Rounds 3 and 4 will be done by telephone Jan. 20. Larin will learn his future before Canadas game against El Salvador on Thursday at the CONCACAF U-20 Championship in Montego Bay, Jamaica. He has already won three caps under Benito Floro for the senior national side and is still kicking himself for a missed scoring opportunity against third-ranked Colombia.I rushed the shot, he lamented. If I hit it properly, I think I would have scored.Larin, who like Toronto FC midfielder Kyle Bekker grew up playing for the Sigma FC academy in suburban Mississauga, scored 23 goals and added six assists in 39 career games for Connecticut.He was named American Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year in 2013 after collecting 14 goals and three assists. This season, he won AAC Offensive Player of the Year honours with a conference-best 0.56 goals a game.Canadian MLS team officials speak as one when Larins name is raised.Exceptional talent, said Toronto FC GM Tim Bezbatchenko.He obviously has talent, added Vancouver Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi.There was speculation Larin would enter the draft after his freshman year. But he wanted to prolong his college experience — at least for another season.He made up his mind last October, after coming in the 82nd minute of Canadas game against Colombia at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J.That just opened my eyes and I knew I wanted to leave that year, Larin said. That was the decision right there.Larin, who trained briefly with clubs in Belgium and Germany, mulled over going back to Europe but decided the MLS was the best place to begin his pro career.He is diplomatic about where he might end up.Going No. 1 is always nice, he said. New York or Orlando would be nice.Receiving passes from Frank Lampard or Kaka would be fun, admitted Larin — a Chelsea fan who counts veteran Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba as another of his favourite players.dddddddddddd There are no nerves, just excitement. Polite and soft-spoken, Larin says his goal in his MLS rookie season is to do my best and hopefully help out the team and see where it takes me. Larin can play as a forward or tucked in behind a striker and likes both roles. He is fast, deft at controlling the ball and has vision — able to pick out a teammate with a pass. His tool box is full.His college coach sees him flourishing at centre forward.Hes mobile, he can get out to the flanks. Good with his back to the goal, said Reid. Hes dangerous in the box.Reid says the best is yet to come.I think Cyles just scratching the surface, he said. Hes athletic, hes a wonderful kid, hes got talent. But hes still young. Hes still learning how to use it every day, how to be ready mentally every day. Physically, hes a work in progress. But hes got a lot of talent. Hes got a huge up-side if he can get it right. Reid knows his stuff.In his 18 years at the UConn helm, he has seen 32 of his players taken in MLS draft. Thirteen of those went in the first round with Chris Gbandi (2002) and goalkeeper Andre Blake (2014) going first overall.Reid, who recorded his 400th coaching win last October, is to be honoured Thursday as 2014 NSCAA East Regional Coach of the Year on Thursday as the National Soccer Coaches Association of America national convention in Philadelphia.Gale has also mentored Larin, helping him deal with the hype. Gale is quick to note that on his team Larin is one of 20.Were very realistic as a staff in that the lad is a talented boy but he has yet to go through the test of professional football ... Theres no doubt hes a talented footballer. Hes got great feet, he can finish. So the tools are there.But these next couple of years are going to be a great test for the lad, he added.Larin wore No. 9 as a youngster, switching to No. 10 at college. Asked what number hell wear as a pro, he shows a measure of his maturity.Im going to have to earn that, to try to get the number I want, he said. Larin enters the draft as one of five underclassmen with Generation Adidas contracts. That increases his appeal to clubs since his deal wont count against the salary cap.He is the first Canadian to sign a Generation Adidas contract. Teal Bunbury, who has U.S. and Canadian citizenship, got a GA deal before electing to play internationally for the U.S.NOTES: MLS has signed four more college seniors ahead of the draft. The latest to get contracts are forwards Andy Craven (North Carolina) and Akeil Barrett (Tulsa), midfielder Connor Hallisey (California) and defender Saad Abdul-Salaam (Akron) ... New York City FC has signed U.S. international midfielder Mix Diskerud on a free transfer. He spent the last three seasons in Norway with Rosenborg.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de