Schneeflocken

A deflected pass that landed

in So funktioniert das Forum 18.11.2019 03:03
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Philadelphia Flyers are ready for the playoffs. Claude Giroux scored two goals and the Flyers clinched a Stanley Cup playoff berth by beating the Florida Panthers 5-2 on Tuesday. Tye McGinn, Sean Couturier and Vincent Lecavalier also scored for the Flyers and Steve Mason made 38 saves. The Flyers won their second consecutive game after losing the four previous games and after a 1-7 start to the season, making the playoffs is a big relief. "From the start we got, from the first (eight) games, weve got to be proud of what weve done," Lecavalier said. "Obviously we have to finish strong and make sure that were ready and confident for that first round." Jonathan Huberdeau and Erik Gudbranson scored goals for Florida and Dan Ellis stopped 22 shots. Ellis substituted for Roberto Luongo, a late scratch with an upper-body injury. After the game, Panthers coach Peter Horachek said Luongos injury was muscular soreness and not serious. The Panthers didnt go easily. Trailing 4-0, they scored two goals early in the third period to close to 4-2 and make the Flyers nervous. "We kind of took our foot off the gas," Giroux said. "We only have three games to kind of work on our game and be ready for the playoffs." The Flyers scored four goals in the second period, including three on their first four shots. The Flyers took a 1-0 lead when Lecavalier found a loose puck in the slot and wristed it between Ellis pads at 2:02 for his 20th goal of the season. The Flyers have seven 20-goal scorers. Philadelphia went ahead 2-0 when Giroux fired a shot from the top of the right circle that got cleanly by Ellis at 6:29. The Flyers stretched their lead to 3-0 a few minutes later on Girouxs second goal. Mark Streit dropped a pass to Giroux in the slot and his wrist shot beat Ellis at 8:50. "Just a couple of shots where I?was able to get open and shoot it on net," Giroux said. "Obviously those goals were huge for us to get the lead." Philadelphia went ahead 4-0 with 4:57 left in the second when Couturier wristed in a rebound from the right side. It was his first goal in 18 games. The Panthers have lost six of their past seven games and Ellis has lost all five starts with the Panthers since being acquired from Dallas on March 5. "It was a good start (in the first) but in the second period I just let in four bad goals," Ellis said. "I take responsibility for that loss. ... I cant let two pucks go right through me." Gudbranson scored 1:14 into the third when he fired a shot from just inside the blue line that got past Mason to make the score 4-1. Huberdeau pulled the Panthers to 4-2 when he poked the puck between Masons pads at 5:38 of the third. It was the first goal for Huberdeau since Jan. 20 at Pittsburgh, a span of 19 games. "Obviously, we made it closer than it should have been," said Flyers coach Craig Berube, who was happy the team clinched a spot in the playoffs. "They went through a lot and they battled hard all year. Theyre a good group of guys, good character, and they deserve a lot of credit for making the playoffs." The Flyers made it 5-2 when McGinn took a pass from Lecavalier from behind the net and poked the puck past Ellis with 4:54 left in the third. NOTES: Flyers R Steve Downie returned to the lineup after missing eight games with an upper-body injury. ... Huberdeau returned after missing 11 games with a lower-body injury. ... The Panthers recalled centre Drew Shore from AHL San Antonio and reassigned forward Bobby Butler to the Rampage. Josh A. Smith Red Sox Jersey .C. Lions 35-14, was named the CFLs offensive player of the week Tuesday. Sheets recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing performance of the season to tie the Riders club record. Nomar Garciaparra Red Sox Jersey . On Thursday, they signed former Browns linebacker DQwell Jackson. Terms of the deal were not immediately available. https://www.cheapredsox.com/1191z-drew-p...ey-red-sox.html. Hemsky left the Oilers Tuesday night loss to the Dallas Stars in the second period and did not return. Through 48 games this season, Hemsky has seven goals and a total of 24 points. Rafael Devers Jersey . Off-season additions Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley did not train with the club today, prompting Nelsen to declare its too early to tell if either will be ready for Saturday. Trevor Kelley Jersey . -- A deflected pass that landed in DeSean Jacksons hands.MADRID - David Villa is leaving Atletico Madrid after one season amid reports the Spain striker will join Major League Soccers New York City FC. Villa helped Atletico win its first Spanish league title in 18 years and reach only its second Champions League final. Villa says he has received "an offer I cant refuse" for next season, without revealing his destination. Villa was reportedly in Mancheester to undergo a medical with the American team, adding "Im very excited to embark on this challenge.dddddddddddd This is a very important challenge in my career and my life." The 32-year-old Villa scored 13 goals in 36 league appearances for Atletico this season. The former Barcelona and Valencia striker is Spains all-time leading scorer heading into the World Cup in Brazil. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 7 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de