Schneeflocken

broken play to give the Canadiens

in So funktioniert das Forum 18.11.2019 03:02
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Three words raced through Seattle Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smiths mind as he streaked toward the end zone in the Super Bowl, returning his interception of a pass by Peyton Manning: "Dont get caught." That, Smith explained Monday at a news conference, would be the "typical thoughts a defensive player (would have) with the ball." And he heeded his own advice, going 69 yards for a touchdown on that play. He added a fumble recovery later and earned MVP honours as Seattle beat Mannings Denver Broncos 43-8 for the Seahawks first NFL championship. At no moment during Sundays action did Smith think he would take home the award. His teammates did. "Even during the game," Smith recalled, "guys were like, You might be MVP. And I was like, No way. No way. Not me. But to be here, its just pretty cool." Smith is not one of those players who long ago seemed destined to wind up getting the keys to a new vehicle the day after the Super Bowl, a sponsors prize for the big games best player. Coming out of college at Southern California -- where he was coached by the Seahawks current boss, Pete Carroll -- Smith wasnt invited to the NFL combine, where top prospects are measured and evaluated. Then, when the 2011 draft rolled around, he wasnt taken until the seventh round, the 242nd player chosen. Seems to fit right in with the Seahawks, more than a third of whom werent even drafted at all. "He didnt like it, but he had to go in the seventh round. Hes proven otherwise, just like a lot of other guys in our program," Carroll said. "I think it was extraordinary last night to see Jermaine Kearse score a touchdown, and Doug Baldwin score a touchdown, and Malcolm gets in the end zone and scoops up another fumble," he continued. "Guys that are not the heralded guys coming in competed in our program and found a way to contribute in enormous ways." By way of explaining in a euphoric locker room Sunday night why he was an appropriate choice for an MVP from these Seahawks, Smith said: "Im just fortunate to be a part of it, fortunate to get opportunities. Im happy to be amongst a bunch of guys that play with attitudes and chips on their shoulders. Im happy to represent that." He went on: "You might have been overlooked. You might feel like you can make plays and never got the opportunity." Truth is, the Seahawks were the lucky ones. Because even though Smith was not supposed to be a starter this season, a player with zero interceptions in his first two years in the league, he always was ready when called upon. Pegged mainly as a special teams guy, Smith earned notice with his speed and ability to handle both outside linebacker slots. When Bruce Irvin was suspended for four games in May for violating the leagues policy on performance-enhancing substances, it was Smith who filled in as a starter. When Bobby Wagner was sidelined, and K.J. Wright slid over to middle linebacker, Smith got another opportunity to start. And when Wright broke his right foot late in the season, guess who Seattle called upon: Yep, Smith, of course. Then suddenly, on Sunday, there he was at the Super Bowl, in the right place and right time, as usual. It was Smith who wound up with the victory-sealing interception at the end of Seattles NFC championship game victory two weeks ago, grabbing the football after Richard Sherman deflected a pass in the end zone. And then, in the biggest game of all, Smiths pick-6 off a fluttering ball -- after teammate Cliff Avril made contact with Manning during the throw -- made it 22-0 late in the first half Sunday, and Seattle was on its way. "I was like, Again!? No way. I didnt believe it," Smith said. He grabbed a fumble later, too, capping quite a late-season surge. "Ive always just been taught to run to the ball and good things will happen for me," Smith said. "I played running back as a kid, so its always been the most exciting thing to have the ball in my hands." John Lowenstein Jersey . The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. Frank Robinson Jersey . Stepanek gave the Czech Republic its second straight Davis Cup title Sunday, sweeping past Dusan Lajovic in straight sets in the fifth and decisive match to secure a 3-2 win over Serbia in the final. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/2668u...indians.html.In a statement released Friday, the Catalan club said the Brazil stars recovery would be monitored to determine when he can begin training again. Pedro Cerrano Indians Jersey . "I knew it was gone. I mean, I felt it," the 2012 NL Rookie of the Year said. "I havent felt like that in a while. I havent got extension on a ball in a pretty long time. Cleveland Indians Shirts . Chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel also accused Pistorius of tailoring his testimony to fit the evidence at the scene. Pistorius denied the accusations. Nel alleged that the Olympic runner changed his aim with his 9 mm pistol to ensure that he hit Steenkamp as she fell back against a magazine rack in a toilet cubicle.The surging Montreal Canadiens will try to complete a home-and-home sweep when they visit the New Jersey Devils for Wednesdays rematch at Prudential Center. Watch it live tonight on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to the game live on TSN Radio Montreal 690 and TSN.ca/Montreal. The Canadiens notched a 3-2 regulation win over the visiting Devils on Monday, giving Montreal a 6-0-1 record over its past seven contests. The recent hot stretch has pushed the Habs into a tie for second place in the Atlantic Division, three points behind first-place Boston. Montreal will be without forward Rene Bourque, who did not make the trip to New Jersey after sustaining an upper-body injury in Monday nights win. Peter Budaj will get the call in goal. Cory Schneider will get the call for New Jersey tonight after Martin Brodeur yielded three goals on 17 shots in Mondays setback. Schneider has never faced the Canadiens. Montreal won its second game in a row in Mondays close decision against New Jersey. Alex Galchenyuk scored the game-winner for the Habs when he gave the hosts a 3-2 edge with 10:26 left in the third period. After being benched for the third period for an undisciplined penalty in Saturdays victory over Toronto, Galchenyuk earned a bit of redemption with his game-winner on Monday. Alexei Emelin missed the net on a shot from the middle, but Galchenyuk was there to steer the puck into the net on a broken play to give the Canadiens the lead for good. "I wasnt feeling low on Saturday, it happens, its part of the game. I put it behind me. I was definitely excited about this game. I wanted to play good annd was happy with that goal," said Galchenyuk.dddddddddddd Bourque tallied a goal and an assist in the win, while David Desharnais contributed two helpers. Max Pacioretty provided the other goal for Montreal and Carey Price turned aside 27-of-29 shots to record the victory. Price was particularly sharp in the opening period, when he held the Devils to just one goal on 11 shots. "We werent ready to play in the first period. It could have been 4-0 for the Devils, but Carey kept us in the game. We owe it to our goalies to step up when they bail us out," said Pacioretty. Price improved his career record against the Devils to 8-9-1 and he expects to get the start again in Wednesdays finale. He has a solid 2.39 goals against average and .916 save percentage in 18 career games versus New Jersey. Steve Bernier and Michael Ryder lit the lamp on Monday for New Jersey, which had a two-game winning streak snapped in the opener of this two-game series. "We played well at the start. We missed a couple of open-netters. Their defensemen made a couple of good plays and at the end that is what made the difference," said Brodeur after Mondays loss. Devils forward Adam Henrique left the opener of the home-and-home set with a lower-body injury and is questionable for Wednesdays clash. Henrique is tied for second on New Jersey with six goals this season. The Canadiens have won three of the past four meetings against New Jersey overall, but the Devils have claimed two of the past three encounters in Newark. Montreal has a 7-4-1 road record this season, while the Devils are 5-4-2 as the host. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de