Schneeflocken

second unit in scoring

in So funktioniert das Forum 04.11.2019 02:51
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

RIFUGIO PANAROTTA, Italy -- Julian Arredondo claimed the biggest win of his career with a solo victory on the 18th stage of the Giro dItalia on Thursday, while Nairo Quintana retained the overall leaders pink jersey as the race returned to the mountains. The 25-year-old Arredondo had been part of a breakaway and made his move with just under four kilometres (2.5 miles) remaining to ride alone up the summit finish to Rifugio Panarotta. The Colombian had time to raise one arm into the air as he crossed the finish line, 17 seconds ahead of Fabio Duarte. Philip Deignan was 20 seconds further back at the end of the 171K (106-mile) leg from Belluno. "Its a win that Ive really searched for," Arredondo said. "I said it from the start, Im in this Giro to win at least one stage, and its from the start that I have been trying. "Until today, I managed three second places and two third places, I was only missing a win and we got that today. Weve tried so much and at the end we managed it. So tonight well celebrate." Quintana remained 1:41 ahead of fellow Colombian Rigoberto Uran, with Pierre Rolland moving into third place as former race leader Cadel Evans slipped to ninth. Rolland is 3:29 behind Quintana, two seconds ahead of Fabio Aru and Rafal Majka. "Today was a calm climb, but there were several attacks, I managed to control all of them which concerned my position," Quintana said. "Each cyclist should worry about their own race. The team worked very well. "I am very happy with how things are going, there is a good atmosphere, there is joy in the team. Also the Italians are cheering me on, they are supporting me during the race, I am very happy with the warmth that we are feeling on the Giro route." Victorias Ryder Hesjedal, the 2012 Giro champion, moved up two spots to seventh overall after finishing 16th in Thursdays stage. He is 4:32 behind Quintana. Svein Tuft of Langley, B.C., is in 155th spot after finishing 142nd in Thursdays stage. A group of 11 cyclists escaped on the first categorized climb of the day, up San Pellegrino, and they managed to open up an advantage of 1:50 on the approach to the steepest part of the climb, which had gradients of 15 per cent. Arredondo, who currently leads the King of the Mountains standings, attacked three kilometres (two miles) from the summit to pick up maximum points. Deignan was just behind Arredondo, with Cataldo 40 seconds slower, but the breakaway was back together on the descent and three more riders joined it from the peloton. The peloton hit the top of San Pellegrino four minutes behind Arredondo and the gap grew to twice that, with the favourites opting to conserve their energy. The leaders maintained a significant advantage on the second climb -- the Passo del Redebus -- and had a 7:27 gap on the final climb of the day. Thomas De Gendt attacked at the foot of the ascent, with 16 kilometres (10 miles) remaining, but the Belgian was caught and passed by Arredondo, Duarte and Deignan with six kilometres (3.7 miles) to go. Back in the overall contenders group, Rolland made his move with just over two kilometres (1.24 mile) remaining to move into a podium position, while Aru also gained time on Quintana with a final surge to the line. Fridays 19th stage is an individual mountain time trial, which could prove crucial ahead of the Giros final weekend. Black Air Max 90 2018 . A better question yet may be this: How many times has the same player been involved in both? Morneau hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and helped the Colorado Rockies turn the third triple play in team history as they beat the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Sunday. Air Max 90 2018 Discount .com) - The Utah Jazz look to put an end to their five-game losing streak when the Denver Nuggets visit Salt Lake City Monday night. http://www.cheapairmax90freeshipping.com/. -- Augusta James of Bath, Ont. Cheap Air Max 90 China .ca. Hi Kerry, Thursday nights Bruins-Blackhawks game had a goal by Patrice Bergeron initially waved off by the referee, but video review clarified it was a good goal. Air Max 90 For Sale . -- Tiago Splitter tipped in a rebound with 2.TORONTO - The Raptors (4-5) will look to build off their most encouraging outing of the season at the Air Canada Centre Friday when they host the Chicago Bulls (3-3), who are expected to be without their star point guard. Catch all the action live on TSN at 7pm et and listen on TSN Radio 1050. Derrick Rose, who is nursing a sore right hamstring, is unlikely to play, according to Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau. However, that was news to Rose Friday morning. "Theyre still leaving it up to me," Rose said prior to his teams shoot-around, refusing to rule himself out. "[Ill] go out there, see how shoot-around goes and if theres any tightness or soreness, theres no point to go out there and play but if I go out there and it loosens up, I think Ill be playing." The Raptors are returning home after splitting a two-game Western road trip. Following a heartbreaking double-overtime loss in Houston, they bounced back and defeated the Grizzlies, 103-87 on Wednesday. Toronto held Memphis to 43 per cent shooting and forced 19 turnovers, outshooting them 39-17 at the free-throw line. Coming off an atrocious shooting performance in Mondays loss, Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan were both efficient in Memphis. Gay scored 23 points on 8-of-18 from the field against his former team and DeRozan added 18 points, shooting 7-of-13. It was the first time both players shot over 36 per cent in the same game this season. Rose sustained his injury on a drive to the basket in the fourth quarter of Chicagos 96-81 win over the Cavaliers Monday. He has sat out of consecutive practices but with the Bulls off since the beginning of the week, the hope was that he would be able to return in Toronto. "Hes a little better," Thibodeau said of the former MVP. "If he can go, we want him to go. If he feels like he cant go, then we dont want him to go." Regardless of whether or not Rose is able to play, Dwane Caseys game plan remains the same. "Theyre going to be the same team," said the Raptors coach. "Theyre going to hit you in the mouth, punch you in the gut and just [play] smash mouth basketball whether he plays or not." Rose is averaging 28.7 points and 10.3 assists in his last three games against the Raptors, but hes missed the last five meetings and hasnt played in Toronto since February of 2011 after sitting out all of last season recovering from knee surgery. Trends and Tidbits Both the Raptors and Bulls are among the leagues top-five teams in second-chance points. Toronto leads the NBA in that category, averaging 20.2 points off the offensive glass while Chicago ranks fifth with 15.1. The Raptors are averaging 107.3 points, exceeding the century mark in each of their last three games after scoring just 92.3 in their first six contests. Theyre 2-1 on the season when scoring 100 or more points after going 16-16 last year. The Bulls are 28th in scoring, totalling just 92.3 points per game. Over the last three games, the Raptors are averaging 21.3 points off turnovers, while holding opponents to just 12.7 points off their own miscues. Chicago has committed 17.7 turnovers per game, third most in the association. Toronto hasnt had a record at or above .dddddddddddd500 through 10 games since the 2009-10 season, the last year Chris Bosh played for the team. What to Watch For Move the ball For the Raptors, its pretty simple. Good things happen when they move the ball. After registering 10 assists in 58 minutes Monday, they totalled 11 in the first half of Wednesdays win. Gay and DeRozan set the tone early in that game looking to get their teammates involved and it was contagious from there. Everyone was getting easier looks and, as a result, they were more efficient as a team, playing their best basketball of the season. "The Memphis game was one of our [best] moving the ball," Casey said. "Were still trying to get that identity and maintain it, be consistent with it because any time we move the ball and pass the ball, it does create a problem [for the other team]. "Everyday we drill it," he continued. "We talk about it [and] we work on it, so its nothing new." Take care of home court The Raptors happily return home after playing six of their first nine games away from the ACC. Along with Cleveland and Washington, Toronto has played the most road games to start the season. While the Bulls havent missed a beat at home, where theyre a perfect 3-0, theyve struggled on the road to begin the season. They are winless in three games away from Chicago and are giving up 25.4 more points on the road (103.7) than they are at home (78.3). Chicago hasnt started a season 0-4 on the road since 2008-09. Who to Watch For Terrence Ross The Raptors bench was outscored by opponents reserves in each of the first six games but has bested the other teams subs in two of the last three. Ross is largely responsible for that turnaround, leading Torontos second unit in scoring in each of the last two contests. Over that span, the Raptors guard averaged 8.5 points and 3.5 rebounds, shooting 7-of-11 from the field. "Its becoming easier," the sophomore admitted. "Just [playing with more] focus basically. [Im] playing hard, really just paying attention to detail so I think thats a key thing thats going on with me right now. Casey has been impressed with Ross commitment and focus on the defensive end, which has translated to more playing time for the reserve. "Hes athletic enough he can make a mistake and catch up and make up for it," Casey said, calling Ross one of the teams better on-the-ball defenders but pointing to his improving weak-side defence. "You just dont want to make a living on that." Carlos Boozer Boozer has quietly gotten off to an excellent start for the Bulls, as Rose continues to experience highs and lows working his way back from the knee injury. The Bulls forward is averaging a team-high 18.0 points along with 8.3 rebounds, shooting 60 per cent from the field, good for the third-best percentage in the league. Boozer has scored 24.5 points and grabbed 11.3 rebounds in his last four games against the Raptors. Injury Report Rose is doubtful with a sore right hamstring for Chicago. Steve Novak, who has been inactive for six of Torontos first nine games with back tightness, is feeling better and is expected to play Friday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de