Schneeflocken

mber of chances - including a couple of

in So funktioniert das Forum 01.11.2019 07:04
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

GREENSBORO, N. Nike Air Max 95 Goedkoop .C. -- Its been a season of firsts for No. 6 Virginia. The Cavaliers are savoring their latest one by sticking around the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament a little while longer than usual. Virginia advanced to the ACC semifinals for the first time since 1995 by pulling away to beat Florida State 64-51 in a quarterfinal Friday. Joe Harris matched a season high with 20 points and Anthony Gill added 16 for the top-seeded Cavaliers (26-6). They shot 48 per cent, forced 15 turnovers and earned their third double-digit victory over the Seminoles this season while winning their 14th in 15 games. "We really just wanted to go out there and prove to everybody that we deserve to be here, we deserve the No. 1 seed," Gill said. Okaro White scored 17 points and Aaron Thomas added 13 for the ninth-seeded Seminoles (19-13). They shot 43 per cent against one of the nations best defences but couldnt keep the Cavaliers off the boards when it counted most, and were denied their third victory over a top-seeded team since 2009. A victory would have gone a long way toward propelling them back into the NCAA tournament. Instead, the Seminoles can only sweat it out until selection Sunday. "Our record speaks for us to be on the bubble, but I think were a great team," White said. "We had a tough time throughout the course of the season, but I think weve shown everyone were a team that should be out there. I think were a team thats up to the level of a lot of the teams that are going to be in the NCAA tournament, but its hard." Virginia established a 31-25 rebounding advantage -- 21-13 in the second half -- and finished with 17 second-chance points. "We talk about outlasting people all the time," freshman London Perrantes said. "We know that nobodys going to want to guard us 35 seconds every time down the court, so we know that if we keep running our offence, theyre going to get frustrated and were going to get good shots." White pulled Florida State to 61-49 with his jumper through contact with 3:25 left. But he missed the free throw and the Seminoles didnt hit another field goal the rest of the way. Virginia will face fifth-seeded Pittsburgh, which beat No. 15 North Carolina 80-75, on Saturday in the first semifinal. Thats unfamiliar territory for a Cavaliers program that hadnt reached the semifinals in nearly two decades -- the longest drought in the conference. In matching a league record with 16 conference victories, Virginia earned the No. 1 seed in the tournament for just the second time and first since 1981. The Cavaliers only tournament title came in 1976 and until Friday they had won only four ACC tournament games since that last semifinal appearance -- and none since 2010. "Weve done a lot of things that we havent done for years," Perrantes said. "So for this to happen for us now is definitely a relieving experience." They led for all but about eight minutes of this one and were in control throughout -- even if it took a while for the scoreboard to finally reflect that. "Its very hard to come back on a team like Virginia when theyre coming down and using 30 seconds of the shot clock," White said. "You cant get down on them." Harris, who matched the season high of 20 points against Hampton on Nov. 26, was 7 of 12 and hit at least half of his shots for the first time since a win against Maryland on Feb. 10. "He has a good feel when to let it come and when to be assertive," ACC coach of the year Tony Bennett said. "He senses. He doesnt get it right all of the time (but) he senses when something is required of him." Virginia pushed its lead into double figures for the first time on Gills free throw with 13:57 left that made it 43-33. Harris bounced in a 3-pointer four possessions later to make it 48-37, Darion Atkins followed that with a jumper and then hit two free throws to make it a 15-point game with 9:51 remaining. Ian Miller finished with 10 points for the Seminoles. Nike Air Max 95 Nederland . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Nike Air Max 270 Dames Goedkoop . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. http://www.airmaxkopennederland.com/uitverkoop-air-max-270/max-270-heren.html . He was 26. Edwards, the Supercup Championship leader, was in the passenger seat as an instructor for a private training session at Queensland Raceway at Willowbank, outside Brisbane, Porsche Motorsport said.Jim Furyk isnt really concerned with the fact that his last bogey came on the fourth hole on Thursday. He isnt even concerned that since that time, hes rattled off 16 birdies. Or by the fact that hes one-putt 24 times. He isnt awed by his prowess at hitting fairways, where hes tied for third with a percentage just below 80, or greens, where he leads the field after finding 45 of 54. All he cares about is that hes leading. "Its really not important," said the 44-year-old of his bogey-free run. "I know its something that the media outside wanted to talk about. What is important is Im 15-under and if that was with 25 birdies and 10 bogeys or 16 birdies and one bogey, its really not that important. I would take another 65 tomorrow with as many bogeys as can be on the card." Furyk is a guy who truly amazes me. Not because of his wonky swing that was once described by David Feherty as looking like an octopus falling out of a tree. That swing is so bullet-proof to me. It just works over and over. Rather, he amazes me with his smarts, his insight, his attention to detail. Its as unique as his swing. Last week, after he finished up at Royal Liverpool, I asked him what he remembered about Royal Montreal. He told me old-school golf course with modern greens and then went into a little more detail about the Dick Wilson design that was re-modeled by Rees Jones before the 2007 Presidents Cup. I cant remember what I had for breakfast and he gave me a pretty good synopsis of a course he hadnt seen in seven years. That, to me, is Jim Furyk. Hes a guy who listens to your question, thinks about a response and then gives you something great. Almost every time. He doesnt really have a cliché in his body, I suspect. I remember after he stumbled down the stretch at the U.S. Open at the Olympic Club two years ago. The tournament was his to win until he messed up the 16th holes. He took full responsibility - in fact, his exact quote was: "I have no one to blame but myself." You dont hear that too often out here. Its usually about the wind gusting a shot or a bump in the greens throwing a putt off line or a camera or a noisyy butterfly landing a hole away. Air Max 2019 Nederland. I digress. Today, Furyk goes to the first tee in control of the tournament. He leads by three and you know he already has a game plan formulated for Royal Montreal. He told us hes going to check the weather out tonight. Not just the rain and storms expected but also the wind. Yup, the wind direction, which will affect his game plan. And hell take a load of experience too. No one in the field has been in the position hes in more than him. Sometimes he wins, more often hes lost - thats just the nature of golf. Hes had a share of the lead heading to the final round 25 times in his career and hes won 10 times. "You know, I think its always nice to have experience in rounds," he said. "Whether Ive played well, whether youve won or ended up not winning the golf tournament, you draw from both experiences. The guys out here have played so well for three days already, everyone is capable." Perhaps the only question mark on his docket is the fact he hasnt won since 2010. Hes had a number of chances - including a couple of runner-up finishes this year - but never closed things out. "Sometimes I just got outplayed," he said. "Case in point would be Jason Dufner at the PGA last year. Other times I felt like I got in my own way and that would be Akron and Keegan Bradley and not closing it out when I had the opportunity." Sunday Furyk can join some select company if he does win. Just three players have three wins in the Open, but its a pretty good lineup: Tommy Armour, Sam Snead and Lee Trevino. Only one has more, that would be Leo Diegel with four. Hes also be the third oldest golfer to win the national championship behind Mark Calcavecchia and Bob Tway. Right now, based on his play through the first three rounds, it would be hard to imagine Furyk losing, but as he knows only too well, funny stuff happens in golf. Theres no sure thing, no guarantees. The only thing certain is that Furyk will step up to the first tee, and set out towards what he hopes will be 17th PGA Tour victory. Not bad for a guy with a swing that wont be in any text book. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de