Schneeflocken

utworked by the 40-year-old Nelson.Lewis, 31, w

in Eure Homepages 31.10.2019 11:49
von corse178 | 1.906 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- David Dahls triple gave the Colorado Rockies a chance to give Texas a little payback with a late comeback and put him on the brink of a modern major league record.Instead, Adrian Beltre and the Rangers left the rookie and his teammates with an all-too-familiar feeling.Beltre answered Dahls tying hit and go-ahead run with a two-run single in the eighth inning, and the Rangers rallied late for the third straight game against the Rockies in a 5-4 victory Wednesday night.The first two comebacks were in Denver, where the Rangers had a three-run ninth for a 4-3 victory and erased a three-run deficit in the eighth inning of a 7-5 win. Texas extended its winning streak to five.Colorado lost three of the last four on its just-completed homestand when leading after seven innings. And now this after their stirring comeback in the eighth. The Rockies have lost six of seven games.Well work our way through it, manager Walt Weiss said. I feel like we have enough talent there to get it right. We just have to get on a roll.In the first of two games in Texas, Dahls two-run triple extended his career-opening hitting streak to 16 games, matching Juan Pierres franchise record from 2000. Its one shy of the post-1900 mark set by Cincinnatis Chuck Aleno in 1941.Dahl, the lefty hitter who ripped the second pitch from left-handed reliever Jake Diekman (3-1) down the line in right, scored the go-ahead run on Ryan Raburns sacrifice fly.Yeah, Ive seen people tag me on Twitter, Dahl said when asked if he was aware of his streak. I try not to think about it.Beltre wasnt surprised to see Colorado intentionally walk new teammate Carlos Beltran in front of him to load the bases with first base open and two outs in the eighth. Neither was Jeff Banister.You pick your poison in that situation, the Texas manager said. Its a comfortable feeling to have one of those guys coming to the plate for you in those situations. So yeah, it will never get old talking about that.It also gave the Rangers a happy ending on a day that started somberly with slugger Prince Fielders emotional announcement that he was following a medical recommendation to quit playing because of a second cervical fusion surgery on his neck.Matt Bush, the 30-year-old rookie reliever, pitched a perfect ninth for his first big league save.Jonathan Lucroy homered in his first home game since the deadline trade that brought him to Texas, giving the Rangers a 3-1 lead in the fifth.It was also the first game in Arlington for Beltran since the deadline deal with the Yankees. He singled his first time up, but didnt get a chance in the eighth.Instead, Beltres hard grounder skipped past shortstop Cristhian Adames into left center off Adam Ottavino, the third Colorado reliever of the inning.Both Texas runs in the eighth were unearned after Mitch Moreland reached on first baseman Mark Reynolds one-out error with Boone Logan (1-2) pitching.QUALITY STREAK OVERColorado lefty Jorge De La Rosa allowed three runs in five innings, ending an 11-game streak of quality starts for the Rockies. The streak was one shy of the franchise record from 2011.SHORT HOPSRockies leadoff hitter Charlie Blackmon had three singles, including one on a 13-pitch at-bat against Perez in the third. ... The Rangers have a majors-leading 36 comeback victories.TRAINERS ROOMRockies: RF Carlos Gonzalez was out of the lineup for the fourth time in seven games since spraining his left ankle Aug. 3 against the Dodgers. Manager Walt Weiss said hes still day to day.Rangers: LHP Derek Holland (left shoulder inflammation) threw 55 pitches in a three-inning rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock. ... RHP Colby Lewis (strained right lat muscle) threw off a mound for the first time since he was sidelined following his last start June 22. He threw 21 pitches.UP NEXTRockies RHP Chad Bettis (10-6, 5.13 ERA) faces Rangers RHP Lucas Harrell (3.2, 3.46 combined NL/AL) in the second of two games in Arlington after the teams played a pair in Denver. Bettis, a Texas native, has never faced the Rangers. Harrell has a 7.40 ERA in five career starts against the Rockies. Custom Nike New York Yankees Jerseys . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Cheap Custom Nike Baseball Jerseys . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. https://www.customnikebaseballjerseys.com/271n-custom-nike-minnesota-twins-jerseys-baseball.html . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. Custom Nike Houston Astros Jerseys . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Custom Nike Washington Nationals Jerseys .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. LAS VEGAS -- The recent run of title upsets in the UFC has meant that no one is safe. Add Rafael dos Anjos to that list.Eddie Alvarez needed one counter right hand to wobble dos Anjos midway through Round 1 and dramatically alter the course of their lightweight title bout on Thursday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.Alvarez (28-4), a decided underdog, followed up the clean strike with constant pressure against the cage to stop dos Anjos on his feet and dramatically capture the UFC title in the main event of UFC Fight Night.This has nothing to do with me, Alvarez said. This has everything to do with my friends, my family, my trainers and my wife and kids. I love you guys.Entering the fight as the No. 4 ranked pound-for-pound fighter in the world by ESPN.com, dos Anjos (25-8) showed tremendous heart to stand tall and keep fighting as Alvarez teed off on him before the stoppage.Hes a champion. Rafael is resilient, Alvarez said. I had him hurt and I let him go. I told him, Dont bring the dog out of me! Dont bring the dog out of me!Dos Anjos, who saw his five-fight win streak come to a close, got off to a quick start by closing distance well with clean punches. He caught Alvarez flush with an overhand left and quickly bounced back to his feet after being taken down, only to sting Alvarez with a knee to the face in close.Just as dos Anjos stepped up his aggressiveness, however, he was caught by the perfect shot and was visibly hurt as he retreated to the cage. Alvarez followed up with hooks from close range before nearly missing with a wild flying knee.But Alvarez just kept coming, using a flurry of body shots to hurt dos Anjos even more. Two more hooks landed flush to the side of dos Anjos head before referee Herb Dean jumped in at 3 minutes, 49 seconds of the opening round.When I got caught, my hand was up, I had good form, dos Anjos said. It just happened.A former Bellator champion, Alvarez, 32, entered the fight 2-1 in the UFC since making his debut in 2014. He entered having won a pair of split-decisions over Gilbert Melendez and Anthony Pettis.This has been a marathon for me, not a sprint, Alvarez said. Everybody kept saying to me, When are you coming to the UFC? When are you coming to the UFC? I just think if you work hard enough and you love something, belts like this are just byproducts of it.Dos Anjos, 31, was making his first appearance since pulling out of a title defense against featherweight champion Conor McGregor at UFC 196 in March after breaking his left foot.I came here in the best shape of my life. I have to give all the credit to Eddie, who did a great job, dos Anjos said. Thats the fight game, it happens. I won 10 of my last 11 but Eddie did a great job. I think I just ggot caught.ddddddddddddIm pretty sure Ill be back. Ill come to get my belt back.Lewis takes split decision from NelsonWhen hard-hitting heavyweight Derrick Lewis lands clean strikes, things happen.Despite being controlled on the ground and against the cage for the majority of his three-round fight against veteran Roy Nelson, Lewis was rewarded by the judges for having enjoyed the bigger moments.Helped by a wild right hand in the closing seconds of Round 3 that may have won him the fight, Lewis edged Nelson by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) to win his fourth straight bout. ESPN.com scored the bout 29-28 for Nelson.It is what it is, Lewis said of the decision. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I was going to win by decision.Lewis (16-4), a 6-foot-3 slugger from New Orleans who goes by the nickname The Black Beast, outlanded Nelson (21-13) in significant strikes by an overwhelming margin of 51-4. But outside of a flurry of clean strikes he used to twice wobble Nelson in Round 1, Lewis struggled to catch his wind the rest of the way and was mostly outworked by the 40-year-old Nelson.Lewis, 31, was often content with Nelson controlling him in the clinch against the cage, which caused boos from the crowd and forced referee John McCarthy to restart the action multiple times. Nelson also had his way with Lewis on the ground as the fight wore on, forcing seven takedowns in eight attempts.The problem for Nelson, who fell to 2-6 over his past eight fights, was that his offense was ineffective and left the door open for Lewis to sway the judges. Lewis created a large red blotch on Nelsons belly with a hard kick in Round 1.I was surprised at how tough Roy Nelson is, Lewis said. I believe he has the toughest chin in the UFC and he took everything Ive got in that first round. I felt I took his shots well and he did well to take me down. Its intense with Roy on top of you, but I managed to get up and look for a finish. I wanted that finish and just kept throwing when we were standing, but hes tough.Lewis looping counter right hand caught Nelson flush on the chin with less than 10 seconds remaining in the final round. It was the kind of punch that would have knocked most heavyweights cold and forced Nelson to use every strand of his patented unkempt beard in order to survive.I expected a close decision at the end of that fight, said Lewis, who has the most knockouts in the UFC since 2014 with six. I dont like having to go to the judges decision. I want a rematch with Roy Nelson. Lets do it again.Nelson summed up his thoughts on the decision in two words: I won. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 7 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de