Schneeflocken

t the Dartmouth

in So funktioniert das Forum 28.10.2019 03:50
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

(SportsNetwork.com) - The Atlanta Hawks will try to get into the win column Saturday night when they welcome the Indiana Pacers to Philips Arena for their home opener. The Hawks will also be seeking retribution from last seasons playoffs. Atlanta played the Pacers tough, but ultimately fell in seven games in the first round. The Hawks began the season after a summer littered with controversy. When general manager Danny Ferry read aloud a racist remark about free agent Luol Deng, it was revealed that controlling owner Bruce Levenson sent an e-mail with several racist remarks to members of the Hawks upper management. Levenson is in the process of voluntarily selling his shares. On the court, things didnt start well for the Hawks. They fell in Toronto to the Raptors, 109-102, on Wednesday. The Raps held a 17-point lead with under five minutes to play, but Atlanta fought back and cut the deficit to four. The Hawks failed to box out free- throw shooter DeMar DeRozan late and the game went to the reigning Atlantic Division champions. I think tonight there are a lot of areas where they were a little bit more physical, a little bit more active than us, Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. I feel good about our guys fighting back. Kyle Korver shot a blistering 7-of-10 from the floor -- including 6-of-7 from deep -- to account for 20 points in the setback. Jeff Teague and Mike Scott also scored 20 points for Atlanta, with Teague adding eight assists. Al Horford, who played in just 29 games for the Hawks last season after suffering a torn pectoral muscle, returned to the court and totaled 12 points and 13 rebounds. The Pacers suffered their first loss of the season Friday night with a 97-89 home setback to the Memphis Grizzlies. Indiana built a 13-point lead at the half, but Memphis went on a 26-2 run in the third. The Grizzlies won the period, 33-14, and that doomed the Pacers. They just imposed their will in that quarter, Indy coach Frank Vogel said of the third. They locked us down. We couldnt get any good looks. You have to credit their defense. Chris Copeland came off the bench to score 16 points, while CJ Miles and Donald Sloan contributed 13 and 12 points, respectively, for Indiana, which opened the season with a 103-91 win over Philadelphia. Damjan Rudez chipped in 11 off the bench and Rodney Stuckey added 10. David West, George Hill and CJ Watson all missed their second straight with injuries. None are expected in the lineup on Saturday. The Hawks and Pacers split two regular-season meetings last season and the Pacers ended a 12-game, regular-season road losing streak in this series with their victory on Feb. 4. LaMarcus Aldridge Jersey . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. Bruce Bowen Spurs Jersey . - Jason Day and Cameron Tringale shot an 8-under 64 on Friday in modified alternate-shot play to increase their lead to three strokes in the Franklin Templeton Shootout. https://www.spurslockerroom.com/David-Ro...Edition-Jersey/. - Andrew McCutchen went 4 for 5 and finished a home run short of a cycle, and Jordy Mercer drove in a career-high four runs to lead the Pittsburgh Pirates to an 8-2 rout of the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday. Trey Lyles Jersey . It led to his downfall on Tuesday. The Major League Soccer club fired Rennie after a second straight up-and-down season that saw the Whitecaps start strong before limping across the finish line. Sean Elliott Spurs Jersey . Rooneys latest piece of football genius lost in the furore which now stalks David Moyes, and the man who gave the Manchester United striker his start as a 16-year old at Goodison Park back in 2002.QUEBEC - Canadas Adonis Stevenson says he is ready to take on anyone in the light heavyweight division.The Montreal fighter, who some have accused of ducking big fights, took care of business Friday night with a fifth-round knockout of quirky Russian Dmitry Sukhotsky to retain his World Boxing Council title and set up what could be much bigger bouts in 2015.I made a statement tonight that I can knock anybody out, the 37-year-old Stevenson said. This guys ranked 4th in the world. Hes not an easy opponent. Hes ranked. Hed never been knocked out and I knocked him out.Stevenson (25-1) jabbed and poked at the cautious Sukhotsky (22-3) through four rounds before the southpaw floored him with a crushing left in the fifth. Another left had him down again and a third finished the fight at the 2:42 mark.At the start, it was tough because he has a bizarre style, said Stevenson. But I used my jab, my movement and I stayed patient. I didnt force it. I knew I had the knockout punch, so I didnt have to rush.It was a bout Stevenson was expected to win, but things may not be as easy in the new year.The WBC ruled last week that Stevenson, if he kept the title, must make a mandatory defence against the winner of a bout March 14 in Montreal between Jean Pascal and Sergey (Krusher) Kovalev.Pascal is the former WBC champion from Montreal, while Kovalev may be the only light heavyweight who can match Stevensons power. Kovalev also holds the titles from the three other main sanctioning bodies, the WBA, the WBO and the IBF, thanks to a victory last month over veteran Bernard Hopkins.Stevenson was supposed to fight Kovalev this year, but his plans changed when he hired manager Al Haymon, hoping to get the fight with Hopkins that eventually went to Kovalev.That prompted accusations that he was ducking Kovalev. Pascal joined in the chorus when attempts to arrange a showdown with Stevenson also fell through.I dont have a problem, said Stevenson. Im the man. Im the linear champion. They have to come to me. Just talk to (promoter) Yvon Michel and itll happen. Ill take (all) the titles.Michel said Stevenson will fight in early April to stay sharp for the bout with the Pascal-Kovalev winner later in the year. He hopes it will be against Andrzej Fonfara, who took Stevenson to 12 rounds in his last bout in May.He said Stevenson hurt a hand ahead of that fight and wasnt at his best, and now wants another crack at knocking the Polish fighter out.In another bout, Ionut (Jojo) Dan (34-2), a Romanian based in Montreal, pulled off a feat by winning a second split decision in the hometown of opponent Kevin Bizier (22-2) in a wild welterweight battle. Dan also won by splitt decision in November, 2013 in Quebec City.ddddddddddddThe win gave Dan the top ranking in the IBF and made him mandatory challenger to British champion Kell Brook.I think it was a better fight than last year, said Dan, who is open to a third fight with Bizier but hopes to get a world title shot first. Me and Bizier left our souls in the ring.The crowd booed the decision. Bizier knocked Dan down with a right in the seventh, but Dan bounced back and consistently outscored the Quebec City fighter the rest of the way, opening a cut over his right eye. Rising light heavyweight prospect Artur Beterbiev (7-0) visited the canvas for the first time at the end of the first round, then knocked down American Jeff Page Jr. (15-1) three times in the second to unify three continental titles.Trainer Marc Ramsay said Beterbiev, a Montreal-based Russian, lost his balance on the knockdown and there was no panic as his fighter dropped Page with a straight right and then finished him with another right hand in the second.American southpaw Andre Dirrell (24-1), on a comeback from a brain injury in 2010, took the No. 2 ranking in the IBF with a 12-round unanimous decision over hardheaded Derek Edwards (27-4-1). Dirrell hammered Edwards repeatedly with lefts, but couldnt knock him down or even make a noticeable mark on him. Stevenson knocked out Edwards in three rounds in 2011.Former Canadian amateur champion Custio Clayton got a tougher opponent than expected in his pro debut, but the Dartmouth, N.S., boxer still dominated.Clayton showed off his snapping jab and quick hands in a four-round light middleweight victory over Frenchman Sophyan Haoud.Two judges gave him all four rounds while the third scored it 39-37, with Haoud having his best moments in the third.Normally, boxers in their first pro fight are given easy opponents, but Haoud (3-3-1) showed he could take a punch and was on the attack from the opening bell.We didnt want to pick one that was too easy, said Clayton, who reached the quarter-finals at the 2012 Olympics in London. Ive been around for a while, and with my experience, I figured a nice tough fight for my first one would be good.He was a good fighter. Very tough.Promoter Yvon Michel, who signed Clayton to a three-year contract in November, feels he was Canadas best amateur since Stevenson.Another fighter who dominated in his pro debut was Montreal-based Russian super-bantamweight Vislan Dalkhaev, who showed an impressive jab while mauling 36-year-old Csaba Toth (13-25-1) of Hungary over four rounds.Light middleweight Sebastien Bouchard (9-1) of Baie-St-Paul, Que., stopped Cedric Spera (11-3) of Belgium in six rounds. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de