Schneeflocken

he was just 16. "To let your

in So funktioniert das Forum 15.10.2019 03:35
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

History has been made in Morocco this week with Europes women golfers sharing the same stage as the men for the first time. Equality is high on the agenda in the world of golf and Rabat is hosting an incredible ground-breaking event.While the male golfers are in action in the Trophee Hassan II, live on Sky Sports 4, the ladies are playing in the Lalla Meryum Cup.English golfer Melissa Reid reveals her excitement to Sky Sports News HQ and discusses how the European Tour initiative can boost womens golf and inspire new young talent into the sport.Click on the video at the top of the page to hear Melissas thoughts and the latest pictures from Morocco. Also See: Team Europe Team USA Watch it Live on Sky Sports Solheim Cup videos Chicago White Sox Shirts .com) - Sporting Kansas City announced Thursday that club has signed former on-loan midfielder Jimmy Medranda to a permanent contract from Colombian side Deportivo Pereira. White Sox Jerseys 2019 . Braden Calverts Winnipeg rink rallied to defeat Italy 8-7. After giving up three points in the second end, Calvert came back with a single, then stole two more points in the next two ends to tie it up at the fifth-end break. https://www.cheapwhitesox.com/. Minutes before the final whistle of Sporting Kansas Citys 3-0 victory over a shorthanded Montreal Impact squad on Saturday afternoon, Saputo tweeted: "Our fans deserve better. Cheap White Sox Jerseys . Pedroia reached the milestone with a little panache, hitting a grand slam in the sixth inning and propelling the Boston Red Sox to a 7-1 win over the Oakland Athletics on Friday night. Chicago White Sox Store . More importantly, he is trying to show his young teammates the Colorado are still post-season contenders. He hopes winning a series at home was a fresh start.INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Anthony Bennetts path to the NBA began on a couple of basketball courts in north Torontos hardscrabble neighbourhood of Jane and Finch, and was paved by a mom who takes hard work to an entirely different level. The 20-year-old Bennett made history on Thursday when he became the first Canadian selected No. 1 overall in the NBA draft. And when he was introduced by the Cavaliers in Cleveland on Friday, Bennett and his mom talked about a journey that may have seemed improbable. But to them, nothings impossible. "Anyone who sets a goal for themselves and wants to achieve it, you work hard, you can accomplish anything," Edith Bennett said. "So thats what he did." Basketball for Bennett began as a way to keep busy in Jane and Finch, a neighbourhood that has a notorious reputation for its poverty, guns and drugs. "Jane and Finch is what they say is a ghetto but its not," Edith Bennett said. "It depends on the individual. You could grow up in the worst part of the community, that wont stop you. It depends on the person." The single mom moved the family to Brampton when Bennett was 10 to give them a "better life" and get him away from certain friends All the while, Edith Bennett was working two full time nursing jobs, beginning her days at 7 a.m. at a Toronto rehab hospital, and finishing at 11 at night at a psychiatric facility. Her work ethic obviously rubbed off on her son. "Hes a hard worker," Edith said. "Its in the family because I am a hard worker and he saw me work hard and then he said he wanted to do the same, so it motivated him to never stop working, push to the extreme and achieve what he wants." There were no basketball courts where they moved to in Brampton, a newer community of just houses and dirt lots. So it wasnt until six or seven years ago, when his mom signed him up for a club, that he began taking the sport seriously. "I just started growing," Bennett said, through a wide grin. "And everyone said, You should probably play basketball. So I said, All right. Ill give it a shot. Look where it got me now." Look indeed. The six-foot-seven power forward from UNLV topped fellow Brampton native Tristan Thompson -- they grew up less than five minutes from each other -- for top Canadian. Thompson went fourth overall two years ago, also to Cleveland. "Canada basketball is really on the rise right now," Cavs general manager Chris Grant said. "I have a feeling there will be another Canadian picked rather high next year too (Andrew Wiggins). "So theyve done a nice job, kids have grown and become talented, and were excited to be part of tthat.ddddddddddddTristan has grown amazingly the last two years and we expect Anthony to do the same thing." Bennetts accomplishment comes in the midst of heady days for Canadian basketball, with Wiggins being touted as the top pick next year -- and more where Wiggins came from. "Its huge," Bennetts agent Mike George said on Thursday nights historical event. "It just shows how far weve come. Weve come from a hockey country, and having this growth within basketball, and you can see by the different guys who are successful in college, and obviously by the pros who are in the NBA now, and this is kind of the pinnacle part where youve got a No. 1 draft pick, first time in Canadian history. "And that could be repeated next year, which is incredible." Bennett, who was the Mountain West Conference player of the year and averaged 16.1 points and 8.1 rebounds for the Runnin Rebels, said his strengths are his versatility, his rebounding and his unselfishness. Hes a decent dunker too. The Canadian laughed when asked about a list he used to keep of players hed dunked on. "I just though it was pretty fun to do," Bennett said. "It was between me and my friends growing up in Canada. It went up every game, every game, it kept going. I think I gave it to a year and a half, until I got to like 100. Then I stopped." Hes looking forward to playing alongside Thompson -- although theres a chance he could wind up being the other Canadians backup. "I feel like me and Tristan will become best friends," Bennett said. "Hes going to be my go-to guy just because hes from Canada. Im sure there are lot more guys on that team I can go to, but just because even if Im here in Cleveland or back home in Brampton, I can talk to him anywhere I am." Both Brampton players attended Findlay Prep in Las Vegas, Bennetts mom sending him to the elite basketball school when he was just 16. "To let your son leave, it was very hard, very difficult," Edith Bennett said. Shes happy shell finally be able to make most of his games. "Just a four-hour drive," she said, smiling. Edith Bennett still works two nursing jobs, but only one of them is fulltime now. "Im not going to stop," she said. "I like working, taking care of patients and to see the expression on their face when you do something nice for them." For Anthony Bennett, the next few months will be continuing his gruelling rehab from his shoulder surgery in May. Bennett will miss summer league, but is expected to be back in time for training camp. As for his mom, she still works two nursing jobs, one full-time and the other part-time. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 7 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13455 Themen und 24999 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de