Schneeflocken

Kramers time of six minut

in So funktioniert das Forum 11.10.2019 03:44
von jin shuiqian | 3.880 Beiträge

EDMONTON -- Its two games into the 2014 season and the Edmonton Eskimos have already racked up half of their wins from the entire 2013 campaign. But as Edmontons first-year head coach Chris Jones sees it, it wasnt easy. Grant Shaw made a pair of field goals in the final two minutes of play and the defence came up with a dramatic final stand as the Eskimos equalled their home win total from last season in just one game, defeating the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 28-24 in their home opener on Friday. Shaw had previously missed on two other fourth-quarter three-point attempts. "We were fortunate to get out of there with a win because of many things that we did wrong," said Jones. The Eskimos, who went 1-8 at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton in 2013, improved to 2-0 in total this year. Edmonton also eclipsed its win total from its first 10 games last season when it got off to a 1-9 start before finishing with just four wins. "It was a team effort," said Eskimos defensive end Odell Willis. "We just had to pick it up. Our offence was struggling a bit. We had to come out there are do what had to be done." Shaw went from being the goat to earning the winning points, which made his earlier misses easier to swallow. "He made enough for us to win the football game," Jones said. "And thats what were worried about. He did a good job." The Tiger-Cats dropped to 0-2. "The turnovers at the end of the game just killed us," said a visibly upset Hamilton head coach Kent Austin, who was seen booting a water bottle in the hallways shortly after the game. "Its an extremely tough way to lose a football game. Our guys had a good opportunity to win, even with the three turnovers at the end of the game. We just didnt get it done. We didnt deserve it." The Edmonton defence set the tone on just the second play of the game, as Aaron Grymes sacked Hamilton quarterback Zach Collaros. Grymes then picked off a Collaros pass on the Ticats next possession, giving the Eskimos the ball on the Hamilton 14. The play eventually led to a three-yard touchdown pass from QB Mike Reilly to Nate Coehoorn to put Edmonton up 7-0 midway through the first quarter. Hamilton caught a big break with five minutes left in the first, as Edmonton receiver Adarius Bowman, who had dropped a sure TD pass the play before, fumbled the ball away to Erik Harris. Harris brought the ball back 48 yards into Edmonton territory. The big turnover ended up turning it into a tie game, as backup QB Dan LeFevour came in to run for a two-yard touchdown strike. Edmonton regained the lead seven minutes into the second as a 43-yard pass to Fred Stamps set up a Shaw field goal to put the Esks ahead 10-7. Moments later, Collaros was flattened by a helmet hit to the chin by Edmontons Odell Willis and was taken out of the game. He did not return. A series of bad penalties by the Eskimos put Hamilton deep in Edmonton territory and allowed them to tie the game again on a 22-yard Justin Medlock field goal for a 10-10 score at the half. The Tiger-Cats jumped in front early in the third as a 46-yard passing play from third-string QB Jeremiah Masoli to Cary Koch led to a seven-yard touchdown run by C.J. Gable. The Eskimos responded with a 32-yard Shaw field goal on the next series to make it 17-13, a score that stood up heading into the fourth. Hamilton took an 11-point lead three minutes into the final frame as a 39-yard passing play to Luke Tasker set up a 10-yard TD catch by Gable to make it 24-13 for the Tabbies. Edmonton was unable to capitalize on a 62-yard kickoff return by Patrick Robertson to the 40, and ended up with just a single point on a missed Shaw field goal attempt. However, the Eskimos would still make a game out of it with just under nine minutes left as Masoli took off on a QB keeper, only to have the ball ripped out of his hands by Edmonton defender Patrick Watkins and taken 50 yards into the end zone to make it 24-21 for the Ticats. "That was really the turning point of the ball game," Jones said. "From then on we regained the momentum and knew we were going to win the ball game." A minute later Masoli fumbled a snap and then held up Edmontons Marcus Howard in his attempt to recover it, earning a loose ball interference call and turning the ball over to the Eskimos on the Hamilton 33. Once again, though, the Esks squandered the opportunity as Shaw missed a 38-yard attempt. Edmonton got back into field goal territory one more time with 1:30 left to play and this time Shaw was good from 43 yards out to put the Eskimos up 25-24. Hamilton got the ball back one more time, but LeFevour was picked off by Joe Burnett who took the ball down to the Tiger-Cats 17, leading to another Shaw field goal, this one from the 15-yard-line. However, the fireworks continued as the Tiger-Cats got the ball back and marched down field in the final minute all the way to the Edmonton five-yard-line, but the Eskimos defence was able to come up with a pair of big stops to earn the win. "There are positives we can take from the game," Austin said. "Our effort was unbelievable and we got better as a football team this week. That said, we arent good enough to win because we are making too many mistakes. We have to get those corrected and then we will get on a winning track" The Eskimos return to action next Friday when they host the expansion Ottawa Redblacks. The Tiger-Cats have a bye before visiting Calgary on July 18. Notes: The defending Eastern Conference champion Tiger-Cats had a tough start on the offensive line in their opening week 31-10 loss to Saskatchewan, allowing 10 quarterback sacksa The Eskimos started the season as the only team in the CFL to open with a road win, defeating the B.C. Lions 27-20. With that win, the Eskimos remained the leagues greatest all-time season opening club with a 41-26-1 record.a Eskimos starting safety Ryan Hinds missed the game and has been placed on the six-game injured with a lower-body injury. However, Edmonton had some good news as linebacker J.C. Sherritt returned to the lineup for the first time this season. Edmonton was 0-8 last season without Sherritt, who set the CFL single-season record for tackles two years ago with 130a Edmonton came into the game with a league-best 46-17-2 record in home openers. Connor McGovern Youth Jersey .Y. - The Philadelphia Eagles game at Green Bay against the Packers on Nov. DeMarcus Ware Jersey . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". https://www.cowboyssportsgoods.com/Women...rted-Jersey/.ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. Bob Lilly Cowboys Jersey . Philippe Desrosiers stopped 42 shots through overtime and three more in the shootout to pick up his third shutout of the season for Rimouski (31-15-7). Zachary Fucale made 28 saves for Halifax (34-17-3) in the loss. Tony Dorsett Jersey .Before a raucous sellout crowd, the Hawks won for the 29th time in 31 games to extend their Eastern-best record to 36-8.As usual, pretty much everyone chipped in.Four starters were in double figures and backup point guard Dennis Schroder led a spurt at the start of the fourth quarter that helped the Hawks pull away.CALGARY -- Jamie Gregg gained medals and confidence in the first speedskating World Cup of the season, while Christine Nesbitt went empty-handed with a bruised morale. Gregg, from Edmonton, earned his second bronze medal in the 500 metres Sunday after picking up his first in the distance two days earlier. His were the host countrys two medals at the Essent ISU World Cup Speed Skating event in Calgary. Canadas womens pursuit team finished fourth to conclude racing Sunday. The Canadian long-track team has three more World Cups before trials in late December and early January to determine the countrys Olympic speedskating team for Sochi, Russia. "I want to make sure Im building into Sochi," Gregg said. "I dont want to peak right now, but Im happy with where Im at and where it puts me in the world." Nesbitt, the reigning Olympic champion in the 1,000 metres, finished 10th in the distance Sunday and 1.77 seconds back of winner Heather Richardson of the U.S. Retired Canadian speedskating star Clara Hughes has said she loves "Nesbitts rage" on the ice, but Nesbitts emotion was bewilderment Sunday. Her time of one minute 15 seconds at the Olympic Oval was over two seconds slower than the world record she set there in 2012. "I cant remember the last time I skated a 1:15 in Calgary," she said. "Its been six years or something, or I dont know maybe longer. Eight years. I dont understand whats going on really. "This isnt really helping my confidence that much and thats what I want to be building. I dont know what to say." The 28-year-old from London, Ont., has been managing tightness in her back for over a week, but she insisted after finishing seventh in Saturdays 1,500 metres that wasnt an issue for her. She intended to analyze tape of her races with coach Xiuli Wang. The Canadian team departs this week for Salt Lake City, Utah, and the next World Cup races starting Friday. "If I dont understand why Im going so slow it means I need to watch my races and maybe learn a few things," Nesbitt said. "I feel good, but obviously how I feel is not whats happening out on the ice." Wang has also trained Hughes and multi-Olympic medallist Kristina Groves. With her objective, experienced eyes, Wang pointed out Nesbitts opening 100 metres was one of her fastest, but Nesbitt also had a slip on the second turn that cost her speed. "Todays race, definitely theres some things we need to be working on," Wang said. "But I believe from how we train, shes strong, she has the power and we just need to synchronize the mental with the body as one unit. "I did talk to her. I said we give you tools, we help you get there, but at the end of the day, youre taking charge. Its your race." Gregg and Ron Mulder of the Netherlands tied for third in the mens 500 with identical times of 34.52 seconds. Tucker Fedricks of the U.S., was the winner in 34.46 ahead of world and Olympic champion Tae-Bum Mo of South Koreea in 34.dddddddddddd.47. Gregg finished eighth in the 500 at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and Whistler, B.C. The 28-year-old from Edmonton won his first World Cup gold in 2012 and was fourth at the world sprint championships in January. "In order to win a medal at the Olympics, you have to be consistently up around the medals at World Cups," Gregg said. "Going into the last Olympics, I won my first bronze medal here in Calgary a month or two before, but you need that consistency to give you that confidence on the line knowing that you dont need a magnificent, perfect race to put yourself up there. "I just need to do this and give myself confidence that I can skate really well and still be up there. I dont need to have some out-of-body experience to get on the podium." Gregg initially thought he was fourth and missed a medal by a thousandth of a second based on his electronic time. His official time, however, was determined by photo finish and it was fast enough for him to stand on the podium again. He is the son of former Edmonton Oilers defenceman Randy Gregg and two-time Olympic speedskater Kathy (Vogt) Gregg. His sister Jessica is on the national short-track team and won a relay silver in 2010. The Olympic 500-metre champion in Sochi will be determined by the combined times of two races. Greggs ability to put two strong 500s together at one event is promising, according to Speed Skating Canadas long-track director Sean Ireland. "The thing I really liked today was his fast lap despite his relatively slow start," he said. "Having that lap time he did, he looked good doing so and having that top-end speed was exciting." Sven Kramer and Jorrit Bergsma of the Netherlands were first and second respectively in the mens 5,000 metres. Kramers time of six minutes 4.46 seconds was just over a second off the world-record time he set at the Oval in 2007. Saskatoons Lucas Makowsky was 16th. The Netherlands took the womens team pursuit ahead of runner-up Japan and bronze medallist Poland. Ottawas Ivanie Blondin, Winnipeg Brittany Schussler and Reginas Kali Christ were 2.02 seconds back of the winners in fourth. The Canadian long-track team trains at the Oval in Calgary. The teams performance in the season-opening World Cup there was mixed, said Ireland. Other than Greggs two bronze, the mens and womens pursuit teams that finished fourth were the only other top-five results. Nesbitt is the long-track teams best prospect for gold in Sochi. With the 2014 Winter Games less than 100 days away, Ireland believes she can get back on track for Sochi. "Looking where she was at a few weeks ago with performances at trials and practice races, I feel like shes on track in terms of her physiology, in terms of her preparation," he said. "Weve seen good testing results and such. "I think just hit the re-set button now and get into another head space as well as look forward to the next few World Cups." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de