Schneeflocken

outs (Perez) recorded, the quicker our at-bats got." NOTES: Tex

in So funktioniert das Forum 10.10.2019 04:27
von sakura698 | 570 Beiträge

PORTLAND, Ore. Cam Reddish Jersey . - Evan Turner was confident from the moment the shot left his hands.With just 1.9 seconds left and trailing the Portland Trail Blazers 89-87, Turner launched a shot from about 23 feet out. It fell, giving the Boston Celtics the 90-89 victory on Thursday night.The victory snapped a three-game losing streak for the Celtics, who had four starters in double figures paced by Avery Bradley with 18 points. Jared Sullinger added 17 points and nine rebounds.I was able to shoot it high enough so it felt good, Turner said of the game-winner. I kind of prayed to make a big shot and it happened.Bostons victory also snapped a four-game losing streak to the Blazers.Damian Lillard had 21 points and seven assists to lead Portland, which has lost five of their last six as the team struggles with injuries to their front line. Already without centre Robin Lopez and forward LaMarcus Aldridge, fellow starting forward Nicolas Batum left the game with a wrist injury that has been nagging him.Everybody knows what Nic can bring and what LA brings, so we have to figure out diffident ways of scoring and sometimes different ways of playing, said Blazers coach Terry Stotts. The differences are fairly obvious.Lillards 3-pointer put Portland up 87-81 with 4:44 left, but the Celtics answered, pulling within 87-85 on Bradleys pull-up jumper before Sullingers put-back layup tied it.Wesley Matthews missed one of two free throws to give the Blazers the edge, and a turnover gave Portland the ball on the other end. But the Blazers struggled to score and settled for Thomas Robinsons free throw to lead 89-87 with 26.6 seconds left.Scrambling on the floor, Sullinger flipped the ball to Turner for the go-ahead 3-pointer, and Lillard couldnt get a shot off before the buzzer.Turner said he loves taking those critical shots.Oh yeah, for sure, he said. I like them even more when they go in. Ive missed a couple this year, but Im glad this one went in and most importantly Im glad we won.The Blazers were hit before the game with the news that Aldridge had torn a ligament in his left thumb and would need surgery. The 6-foot-11 power forward is expected to miss from six to eight weeks.Aldridge was injured in Mondays 98-94 victory over the Sacramento Kings. He leads Portland with averages of 23.5 points, 10.4 rebounds and 1.18 blocks per game.Its tough, Aldridge told reporters in Portlands locker room before the game. I definitely didnt want to have anything like this going on right now.The injury is blow to the Blazers, who were already without Lopez because of a fractured right hand and centre Joel Freeland with a right shoulder strain.The Celtics shook up their lineup, starting Brandon Bass instead of Tyler Zeller. Coach Brad Stevens said before the game he wanted to see Bass and Sullinger play together.Were not accomplished enough to say we have to have on starting lineup right now, Stevens said pregame.Matthews said of the loss, We blew it. We had possessions, we had chances, we had opportunities.TIP-INSCeltics: It was the second game of a six-game road trip. ... Boston has won just five games on the road this season. .... It was just the third time in 23 tries that Boston had come back when trailing after three quarters.Trail Blazers: Lopez has switched from a hard cast to a brace. His return is unclear, although general manager Neil Olshey, speaking on Sirius XM Radio, said the team hopes to have the 7-foot centre back by the All-Star break. ... The Blazers were coming off a 118-113 loss to the Suns in Phoenix on Wednesday night. Portland falls to 8-3 on second games of back-to-backs.SULLINGERS SAVE: Stevens praised Sullinger for his mad scramble for the ball that he got to Turner for the winning shot.He made a really heads-up play. He dove on the floor, Stevens said.UP NEXTThe Celtics visit the Denver Nuggets on Friday night.The Trail Blazers host the Washington Wizards on Saturday night. Pete Maravich Hawks Jersey . - Aaron Rodgers makes tough throws that can leave fans of the Green Bay Packers speechless. Atlanta Hawks Jerseys . -- Miguel Angel Jimenez quickly shifted his focus back to the Ryder Cup after winning his first Champions Tour event. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Damian-Jones-City-Edition-Jersey/ . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit.HOUSTON -- Not even a ninth-inning home run that ended his bid at a first career shutout could ruin Martin Perezs day. Perez threw a four-hitter for his first career complete game, leading the Texas Rangers to their seventh straight victory, 6-1 over the Houston Astros on Sunday. "When I go to the mound I think, Im the best here, and I have the ball," Perez said. "I just want to throw. Thats what I did tonight. I took the ball and threw the pitch where (catcher Geovany Soto) called it." Perez (5-3) struck out a career-high eight while walking two in earning his second straight win. Perez has allowed four runs over his last 22 2-3 innings, spanning his last three starts. "He threw a lot of strikes out there today," Texas manager Ron Washington said. "Hes good at keeping the ball down. He has good mechanics. I think when he gets erratic its only because he tries to do too much. As long as he stays throwing the ball through the catcher and spots his fastball down in the zone the way hes capable of doing, hell be fine." Perez retired 15 of 17 batters from the third to the eighth, including nine in a row before Jake Elmores single with two outs in the eighth. "His fastball command was there. His changeup was there," Soto said. "He had a lot of early outs in the third, fourth, fifth innings. "I think he looks a little bit different. He has more conviction, more aggressiveness, more attack. I feel like hes doing that. Whenever he needs a strike leading off the inning or leading off an at-bat, he got a strike. He uses all his pitches real well and he used all his pitches well today." The left-hander gave a lot of credit to Soto. "He helped me out with pitches, and we have a good relationship," Perez said. "He called the pitches. I just threw it 100 per cent. Hes a good catcher and called a good game." Chris Carter ruined Perezs shutout bid with a home run with two outs in the ninth inning, but Perez said the home run didnt matter because the most important thing was the Rangers won. Alex Rios had two hits, drove in a run and scored twice in his second game with the Rangers, who have won 12 of their last 13 games. Adrian Beltre also had two hits. Dallas Keuchel (5-7) allowed six runs and eight hits with eight strikeouts in 8 2-3 innings. He was the second Astros starter to go into the ninth this season, as Bud Norris threw eight-pluus innings May 8 against the Los Angeles Angels. Pete Maravich Jersey. "That was the best I felt all year," Keuchel said. "(Perez) was better than me today, and I didnt make pitches when I needed to." Keuchel set down the first 13 batters before Rios beat out a grounder to short with one out in the fifth for the Rangers first hit. Soto then put the Rangers ahead 1-0 with a ground-rule double to centre field. Rios laced a two-out double down the right-field line in the sixth to extend the lead to 2-0. Elvis Andrus reached on an error with one out and advanced to second on Beltres single before scoring on Rios double. Perez had his offence to thank for the opportunity to finish off the complete game, as he was told he would not be given a chance to finish it if the Rangers did not score at least two runs in the ninth. The offence plated four in the inning. Texas upped the lead to 5-0 in the ninth on Jurickson Profars based-loaded single with two outs, plating Rios and Jeff Baker. Craig Gentry came around to score on an errant thrown by L.J. Hoes, and Profar scored on Leonys Martins single to make it 6-0. Houston has lost five in a row and nine of the last 10 games. The Astros own the worst record in the majors at 37-79. "I think we were overly aggressive," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "It would have been a better idea to slow the game down and get the pace in your favour, but it felt like the more outs (Perez) recorded, the quicker our at-bats got." NOTES: Texas DH Lance Berkman went 2 for 3 with a home run and drove in two runs in his first rehab game Saturday night for the Rangers Triple-A affiliate, Round Rock. Berkman has been on the disabled list since July 7 with left hip inflammation. . Texas RHP Neftali Feliz was expected to throw Saturday for Round Rock but did not pitch as a precaution because of mild right arm triceps tendinitis. He will throw on flat ground Sunday and be re-evaluated. Feliz has been rehabbing from Tommy John surgery last year. . Texas sent SS Leury Garcia to the White Sox on Sunday to complete the trade for Rios. . Houston SS Jonathan Villar, who had not started the previous three games because of a left thumb sprain, did not start Sundays game, either. Porter said Villar was not in the lineup Sunday because the Rangers were starting a left-hander and the thumb bothers Villar more batting right, but Villar is expected to start Monday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 4 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13456 Themen und 25000 Beiträge.

Besucherrekord: 204 Benutzer (09.11.2019 06:45).

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de